Sheet Pan Greek Tofu with Lentils with oregano potatoes / kale salad
With Greek-inspired flavors this roasted tofu and potatoes comes together fast on a sheet pan. Serve it with colorful lentils on top and a simple baby kale salad on the side.
- Lentils, cooked - 1 1/2 cups (use pre-cooked lentils or if cooking from dried, use half the amount of dried and prepare according to package directions)
- Olives, pitted Kalmata - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Bell peppers, fire-roasted - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Tofu, extra-firm - 16 oz, 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick slices
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Cornstarch - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Potatoes, baby red or yellow - 1 lb, quartered
- Foil - for roasting
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Baby kale - 6 oz
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Tofu - If tofu is packaged in water, press out liquid first, like in this video. Then slice into 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick slices. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make Greek lentils - (If prepping right before cooking, get potatoes roasting before continuing with prep.) If using canned lentils, drain and rinse. Finely chop olives, bell peppers, and parsley. Combine with lentils and toss with balsamic vinegar (portion for lentils). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar (portion for salad), mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for salad) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice blend - Combine oregano (portion for tofu), cornstarch, paprika, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C. Set out two sheet pans.
- Spread potatoes out on one sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes to get them started cooking. (Watch this video on roasting at high heat.)
- While potatoes are roasting, rub tofu on all sides with olive oil (portion for tofu) and toss with spice blend. Spread tofu out in a single layer on second sheet pan.
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce oven temperature to 425 F / 218 C.
- Remove foil from potatoes and toss potatoes with olive oil and oregano (portions for potatoes). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Transfer both sheet pans to the oven. Cook potatoes and tofu until potatoes are tender and tofu is golden brown on the top, ~20 minutes for both.
- Toss kale and sunflower seeds with vinaigrette.
- If Greek lentils were made ahead and chilled, heat briefly in the microwave (just enough to prevent them from being very cold when spooned over the warm tofu).
- Squeeze lemon juice over tofu and serve with Greek lentils on top. Enjoy potatoes and salad on the side.
This meal has 31 reviews
Delicious. Family loved it. CS is making me look like quite the chef! Great flavors.
Flavors are good, but did not like the tofu (first time to try tofu). Would make the original again probably
Loved it! Greek salsa was fabulous and salmon was very flavorful.
This is good and simple to make. The salad is a bit plain as written so I added some pear slices and walnuts. There are some other salmon recipes in cooksmarts that I prefer over this one.
Will absolutely make this again! The greek salsa compliments the salmon perfectly. Great flavors! May crumble feta over top next time...
Super! Easy and healthy. It was a bit saltier than I expected.