Sheet Pan Greek Salmonwith oregano potatoes / kale salad
With Greek-inspired flavors and a fresh, colorful salsa, this roasted salmon and potatoes comes together fast on a sheet pan. Serve it with a simple baby kale salad on the side.
- Olives, pitted Kalmata - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Bell peppers, fire-roasted - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Potatoes, baby red or yellow - 1 lb, quartered
- Foil - for roasting
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Baby kale - 6 oz
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Make Greek salsa - (If prepping right before cooking, get potatoes roasting before continuing with prep.) Finely chop olives, bell peppers, and parsley. Combine and toss with balsamic vinegar (portion for salsa). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar (portion for salad), mustard, and honey. Add olive oil (portion for salad) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice blend - Combine oregano (portion for salmon), paprika, salt, and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Potatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C.
- Spread potatoes on a sheet pan and cover tightly with foil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes to get them started cooking. (Watch this video on roasting at high heat.)
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce oven temperature to 425 F / 218 C.
- Remove foil from potatoes and toss potatoes with olive oil and oregano (portions for potatoes). Season with some salt and pepper. Return to oven and continue roasting until nearly tender, ~20 minutes more.
- When potatoes are nearly tender, remove pan from oven and spread potatoes out to the sides. Place salmon in the center. Drizzle olive oil (portion for salmon) over salmon and top with spice blend.
- Return pan to the oven and continue cooking salmon and potatoes together until salmon flakes easily with a fork, ~12 minutes more.
- Toss kale and sunflower seeds with vinaigrette.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salmon and serve with Greek salsa on top. Enjoy potatoes and salad on the side.
This meal has 20 reviews
This was so easy and tasty! Also healthy. Will definitely make again. I like that the salsa added flavor, but did not overpower the salmon.
I think the potatoes could use a little more flavor and the salad dressing was a little skimpy. Overall, it was a nice, healthy meal.
Just okay. I feel like the fish could have used more flavor.
Sheet Pan Greek salmon was amazing. I could eat that ‘salsa’ all day long.
Good flavors! I substituted some jarred artichoke hearts in place of the olives in the salsa for my olive-averse family members, and added extra olives to my serving.