Ham, Spinach, and Sweet Potato Egg Bake
with fruit salad
- Kiwis - 4, peeled and cubed
- Oranges, canned mandarins - 1 1/2 cups, drained and rinsed (sub fresh oranges, segmented)
- Raspberries - 1 pint
- Sweet potatoes - 1, peeled and cubed
- Ham, deli-sliced - 8 slices, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Eggs - 6
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Sweet potatoes / Ham / Parsley - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Pre-cook potatoes - Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high until tender, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Kiwis - Peel and cube kiwis.
- Oranges - Drain and rinse.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ham and parsley and saute for 1 minute more.
- Pour eggs over sweet potatoes and ham. Add spinach and stir to combine everything. Transfer to oven and cook until a knife comes out cleanly, 18 to 22 minutes.
- When egg bake is nearly finished, combine kiwis, oranges, and raspberries.
- Slice egg bake and serve with some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy fruit salad on the side.
I put onions, mushrooms and zucchini in my egg bake. It was so yummy! The pancakes were fluffy and delicious, added a little vanilla.1 Helpful
I thought this was 5 stars but most of the kids weren’t a fan of the frittata. I didn’t expect them to be though. My 5 year old said the pancakes were like plain ones but way better. It made a ton of pancakes so if you have a smaller family you could cut the pancake recipe in half or just know you have some to freeze for later. I put a few of the tater tots on top as suggested and it was really good!0 Helpful
Family loved it! Served with fruit and without pancakes. Sautéed a leek first then added ham with thyme. Used a 12” skillet and seemed like not enough food so added more egg. Scattered hash brown shreds on top. Served with tomatoes on top- Nice easy meal.0 Helpful
Quick and easy to put together and get on the table. The most perfect pancakes I have ever made. They spread and cooked perfectly. We really liked the bake as well. Next time I may add some green chile to the mixture.0 Helpful
I made this for an early Father's Day brunch and it was well received! He doesn't care for quiche but he happily gobbled this egg bake up. I added pureed banana and cinnamon to the pancakes but that's just what the kiddos prefer. Definitely will make this again.0 Helpful
We loved this. My 3-year-old enjoyed helping to make the pancakes, and she even ate two of them! I agree with other reviewers about using a 10" skillet instead. I'd also chop the spinach next time. I wasn't sure about the tater tots, but I'm glad I added them -- they gave the dish a really nice flavor. The ham, egg, and spinach bake was excellent the next day, too. I'm eating it for lunch right now. :-) I will definitely be making this one part of our regular lineup.0 Helpful
Really good, adding to favorites! Next time I'd use my 10" skillet instead - 12" was too big. I'd also cut up the spinach first. Plus add mushrooms because yum. Pancakes were so good!0 Helpful