Ham, Spinach, and Sweet Potato Egg Bakewith fruit salad
- Kiwis - 4, peeled and cubed
- Oranges, canned mandarins - 1 1/2 cups, drained and rinsed (sub fresh oranges, segmented)
- Raspberries - 1 pint
- Sweet potatoes - 1, peeled and cubed
- Ham, deli-sliced - 8 slices, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Eggs - 6
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Sweet potatoes / Ham / Parsley - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with some salt and pepper.
- Pre-cook potatoes - Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high until tender, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Kiwis - Peel and cube kiwis.
- Oranges - Drain and rinse.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ham and parsley and saute for 1 minute more.
- Pour eggs over sweet potatoes and ham. Add spinach and stir to combine everything. Transfer to oven and cook until a knife comes out cleanly, 18 to 22 minutes.
- When egg bake is nearly finished, combine kiwis, oranges, and raspberries.
- Slice egg bake and serve with some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy fruit salad on the side.
This meal has 20 reviews
Really good, adding to favorites! Next time I'd use my 10" skillet instead - 12" was too big. I'd also cut up the spinach first. Plus add mushrooms because yum. Pancakes were so good!
Great when breakfast for dinner is all you want!!
Everything was really delicious. Makes a huge amount so great when having guests over for brunch.
I put onions, mushrooms and zucchini in my egg bake. It was so yummy! The pancakes were fluffy and delicious, added a little vanilla.
I used GF flour and it was really good! Everything was tasty and it was easy. Added vinegar to soy milk and added cream of tartar instead of buttermilk.
Liked this recipe! I made this into a breakfast casserole in a 9x12 pan and used a dozen eggs.