Ham, Spinach and Tater Tot Egg Bakewith fruit salad
Whether you're celebrating Christmas this week or not, we thought everyone would enjoy this fun meal that works as well for brunch as it does as a breakfast-for-dinner.
Smarts: We couldn't resist adding the option to top the egg bake with frozen tater tots. It's a fun addition, but feel free to skip it if you prefer.
- Kiwis - 4, peeled and cubed
- Oranges, canned mandarins - 1 1/2 cups, drained and rinsed (sub fresh oranges, segmented)
- Raspberries - 1 pint
- Ham, deli-sliced - 8 slices, chopped
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 oz, shredded (sub white cheddar)
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Eggs - 6
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Tater tots, frozen (opt) - 20
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add ham and parsley and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over ham. Add cheese and spinach and stir to combine everything. Top with tater tots (if using). Transfer to oven and cook until a knife comes out cleanly, 18 to 22 minutes.
- When egg bake is nearly finished, combine kiwis, oranges, and raspberries.
- Slice egg bake and serve with some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy fruit salad on the side.
This meal has 20 reviews
Really good, adding to favorites! Next time I'd use my 10" skillet instead - 12" was too big. I'd also cut up the spinach first. Plus add mushrooms because yum. Pancakes were so good!
Great when breakfast for dinner is all you want!!
Everything was really delicious. Makes a huge amount so great when having guests over for brunch.
I put onions, mushrooms and zucchini in my egg bake. It was so yummy! The pancakes were fluffy and delicious, added a little vanilla.
I used GF flour and it was really good! Everything was tasty and it was easy. Added vinegar to soy milk and added cream of tartar instead of buttermilk.
Liked this recipe! I made this into a breakfast casserole in a 9x12 pan and used a dozen eggs.