Ham, Spinach and Tater Tot Egg Bake
with fruit salad
Whether you're celebrating Christmas this week or not, we thought everyone would enjoy this fun meal that works as well for brunch as it does as a breakfast-for-dinner.
Smarts: We couldn't resist adding the option to top the egg bake with frozen tater tots. It's a fun addition, but feel free to skip it if you prefer.
- Kiwis - 4, peeled and cubed
- Oranges, canned mandarins - 1 1/2 cups, drained and rinsed (sub fresh oranges, segmented)
- Raspberries - 1 pint
- Ham, deli-sliced - 8 slices, chopped
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 oz, shredded (sub white cheddar)
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Eggs - 6
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Baby spinach - 4 oz
- Tater tots, frozen (opt) - 20
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet with oil over medium-high heat. Add ham and parsley and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over ham. Add cheese and spinach and stir to combine everything. Top with tater tots (if using). Transfer to oven and cook until a knife comes out cleanly, 18 to 22 minutes.
- When egg bake is nearly finished, combine kiwis, oranges, and raspberries.
- Slice egg bake and serve with some hot sauce if you’d like. Enjoy fruit salad on the side.
I made this for an early Father's Day brunch and it was well received! He doesn't care for quiche but he happily gobbled this egg bake up. I added pureed banana and cinnamon to the pancakes but that's just what the kiddos prefer. Definitely will make this again.0 Helpful
We loved this. My 3-year-old enjoyed helping to make the pancakes, and she even ate two of them! I agree with other reviewers about using a 10" skillet instead. I'd also chop the spinach next time. I wasn't sure about the tater tots, but I'm glad I added them -- they gave the dish a really nice flavor. The ham, egg, and spinach bake was excellent the next day, too. I'm eating it for lunch right now. :-) I will definitely be making this one part of our regular lineup.0 Helpful
Really good, adding to favorites! Next time I'd use my 10" skillet instead - 12" was too big. I'd also cut up the spinach first. Plus add mushrooms because yum. Pancakes were so good!0 Helpful
Great when breakfast for dinner is all you want!!0 Helpful
Everything was really delicious. Makes a huge amount so great when having guests over for brunch.0 Helpful
I put onions, mushrooms and zucchini in my egg bake. It was so yummy! The pancakes were fluffy and delicious, added a little vanilla.0 Helpful