Sausage and Spinach Soup
with baba ganoush / baby carrots
With hearty vegetables, savory sausage, and vibrant spinach, this soup will have everyone smacking their lips and asking for seconds!
- Carrots - 8 oz, sliced into rounds
- Onions, medium - 1, diced
- Garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian sausage, loose and raw - 12 oz
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Thyme, dried - 1 tsp
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced and preferably fire-roasted (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Stock, any type - 5 cups
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
- Carrots, baby - 10 oz
- Baba ganoush - 3/4 cup
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil and then sausage and saute, breaking sausage apart, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, onions, and garlic. Saute until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add Italian seasonings, thyme, tomato paste, and vinegar and saute until veggies are coated, ~1 minute.
- Add tomatoes (including liquid) and stock. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- In the last 2 minutes of cooking, stir in spinach.
- Taste and season soup with some salt, pepper, and a splash of vinegar if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve with carrots and baba ganoush (for dipping) on the side. Enjoy!
Easy to make and delicious. Just as I like it.0 Helpful
Yummy, heart, and healthy. What more do you need?!0 Helpful
So good! Very hearty and filling. Great winter soup.0 Helpful
Tasty and healthy . I cooked Pureano beans instapot for 50 minutes since I was avoiding canned beans . Added some bay leaves , garlic , and slices of leftover onion in instapot . Worked out well and then transferred beans to Dutch oven and just cooked soup on simmer for 30 min .0 Helpful
This is solid comfort food to me. Not going to blow anyone away, maybe, but yummy.0 Helpful
Kiran gave it 4.0 Helpful