Aminos-Maple Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts
with roasted carrots
- Ginger, fresh - 1 tsp, grated
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced
- Green onions - 3 stalks, green and white parts chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Aminos-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Aminos-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Almond meal - 1/2 cup
- Carrots / Ginger - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Lemons - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make aminos-maple butter - Melt butter in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Whisk ginger, aminos, and maple syrup into butter.
- Prep aminos-maple almond crust - Mix aminos-maple butter (portion for the chicken) with almond meal.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with cooking oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a second sheet pan. Cover chicken with almond meal mixture. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes..
- Toss roasted carrots with aminos-maple butter (the portion for the carrots) and green onions right out of the oven.
- Serve chicken and carrots with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
My husband and I LOVED this dish! The carrots were so yummy! Definitely a keeper.0 Helpful
I made this with salmon instead of chicken and it worked out great. The carrots may have stolen the show, though. They were delicious. I would definitely make this again.0 Helpful
I absolutely loved this dish. It was so gorgeous and delicious! However, we had to double the amount of panko mix, as the original batch barely coated one mushroom. Also, it made sooo many veggies! You could probably cut down just a bit. The flavors were incredible, though, and this is definitely going down as one of my faves ever.0 Helpful
We loved everything about this meal0 Helpful
Great meal although my chicken was a bit dry.0 Helpful
The most flavourful mushrooms ever!0 Helpful