Aminos-Maple Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts
with roasted carrots
- Ginger, fresh - 1 tsp , grated
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
Roasted Aminos-Maple Carrots:
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs , sliced
- Green onions - 3 stalks , green and white parts chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Aminos-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
Aminos-Maple Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts:
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Aminos-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Almond meal - 1/2 cup
- Carrots / Ginger - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Lemons - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make aminos-maple butter - Melt butter in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Whisk ginger, aminos, and maple syrup into butter.
- Prep aminos-maple almond crust - Mix aminos-maple butter (portion for the chicken) with almond meal.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with cooking oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a second sheet pan. Cover chicken with almond meal mixture. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes..
- Toss roasted carrots with aminos-maple butter (the portion for the carrots) and green onions right out of the oven.
- Serve chicken and carrots with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!