Miso-Maple Crusted Chicken Breasts
with roasted carrots / brown rice
- Ginger, fresh - 1 tsp , grated
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any type - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
Roasted Miso-Maple Carrots:
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs , sliced
- Green onions - 3 stalks , green and white parts chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
Miso-Maple Crusted Chicken Breasts:
- Rice, uncooked brown - 3/4 cup
- Lemons - 1 , wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Brown rice - (Skip if rice was made ahead for Monday.) Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check brown rice at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's tender and has absorbed all the water. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots / Ginger - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Lemons - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make miso-maple butter - Melt butter in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Whisk ginger, miso, and maple syrup into butter.
- Prep miso-maple panko - Mix miso-maple butter (portion for the chicken) with panko.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with cooking oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a second sheet pan. Cover chicken with panko mixture. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes..
- Toss roasted carrots with miso-maple butter (portion for the carrots) and green onions right out of the oven.
- If rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve chicken and carrots over rice with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!