Miso-Maple Crusted Chicken Breasts
with roasted carrots / brown rice
Our community loves miso-maple butter because it is great on everything! We add it to roasted carrots and crisp panko crusted chicken breast in this quick dinner that was last featured in our meal service in 2017.
- Ginger, fresh - 1 tsp, grated
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Miso paste, any type - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced
- Green onions - 3 stalks, green and white parts chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 2 Tbsp
- Rice, uncooked brown - 3/4 cup
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Miso-maple butter (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Brown rice - (Skip if rice was made ahead for Monday.) Fill a saucepan or Dutch oven (or rice cooker) with rice, water (use 2:1 ratio for water to rice), and some salt. Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once water boils, stir, lower heat to a low-medium, and cover. Check brown rice at ~45 min. Rice is done when it's tender and has absorbed all the water. Take cover off to release steam and fluff with a wooden spoon after 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots / Ginger - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions / Lemons - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Chicken - Slice in half. Cover with plastic wrap or parchment paper and then flatten with a meat tenderizer, until about 1/2” / 1.3 cm thick. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make miso-maple butter - Melt butter in the microwave, 30 to 60 seconds. Whisk ginger, miso, and maple syrup into butter.
- Prep miso-maple panko - Mix miso-maple butter (portion for the chicken) with panko.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Toss carrots with cooking oil and spread out onto a sheet pan. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a second sheet pan. Cover chicken with panko mixture. Bake chicken until cooked through, 12 to 18 minutes..
- Toss roasted carrots with miso-maple butter (portion for the carrots) and green onions right out of the oven.
- If rice was made ahead, reheat in the microwave.
- Serve chicken and carrots over rice with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!
My husband and I LOVED this dish! The carrots were so yummy! Definitely a keeper.0 Helpful
I made this with salmon instead of chicken and it worked out great. The carrots may have stolen the show, though. They were delicious. I would definitely make this again.0 Helpful
I absolutely loved this dish. It was so gorgeous and delicious! However, we had to double the amount of panko mix, as the original batch barely coated one mushroom. Also, it made sooo many veggies! You could probably cut down just a bit. The flavors were incredible, though, and this is definitely going down as one of my faves ever.0 Helpful
We loved everything about this meal0 Helpful
Great meal although my chicken was a bit dry.0 Helpful
The most flavourful mushrooms ever!0 Helpful