Mustard Roasted Fish
with mushrooms / spinach
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Onions, medium - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, any button - 16 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Pine nuts - 1/3 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Thyme, dried - 1 tsp
- Spinach, baby - 5 oz
- Parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Lemons - 1/2, wedges
- Fish, any white fish like tilapia or cod - 4 filets
- Thyme, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Capers - 1 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 Tbsp
- Tahini - 3 Tbsp
- Garlic / Onions / Mushrooms - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Parsley / Lemons - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Fish - Rinse and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees.
- Combine thyme (portion for fish), parsley, lemon juice, capers, mustard, and tahini.
- Place fish in a baking dish. Spread tahini mixture over top of fish. Bake, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness of fish.
- While fish cooks, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Toast pine nuts until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add oil and then onions to heated oil. Saute until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and thyme (portion for mushrooms) and saute until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Stir in spinach and garlic. Cook until spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pine nuts, remove from heat and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve fish over mushrooms with lemon wedges on the side. The mustard / tahini turns into a natural sauce. Enjoy!
The fish was good and the lentils were good, but in my opinion the flavors of the two don’t go well together. Served them separately and it was ok.0 Helpful
Not my favorite flavor profiles and needs some more textures0 Helpful
We LOVED this recipe! It's so healthy, easy, and (most importantly) delicious. I never knew lentils could taste so good. We made this recipe again the very next week because it tasted so wholesome and comforting. That low calorie count is amazing too.0 Helpful
There was no way this was a sauce in the veggie version. It baked into a paste. Mixed together the flavors were amazing. The looks of it were very unappetizing.0 Helpful
The lentils were delicious but I was very much not a fan of the fish.0 Helpful
It was better than we expected, but looks unappetizing and is a bit blah. The sauce was great - glad I doubled it though, because everything else was quite dry.0 Helpful