Mushroom and Goat Cheese Pizzaand spinach salad with dried cranberries
Better than delivery, this homemade pizza is dressed-up with sauteed mushrooms and goat cheese and served with a spinach salad with sweet cranberries to make this weeknight feel extra special.
Smarts:Store bought pizza dough saves time in the kitchen.
- Pizza dough - 1 lb
- Flour - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, goat - 4 oz, crumbled (sub feta)
- Cheese, Swiss - 4 oz, grated (sub Gruyere or mozzarella)
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Thyme, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Mushrooms, button - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Spinach, baby - 6 oz (sub any salad greens)
- Cranberries, dried - 1/4 cup
- Almonds, sliced - 1/4 cup
- Pizza dough - Cover in flour and let rest for at least 30 minutes outside of fridge before rolling out. (Resting dough gives gluten time to chill out, which makes the dough much more pliable.)
- Cheese (both types) / Garlic - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep) Prep as directed. Combine cheeses. Store garlic separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make garlic oil - Combine garlic, dried thyme, and olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms - Slice mushrooms if not pre-sliced. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C degrees and position top rack so it’s at the very top.
- Heat a skillet with butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to melted butter and saute until mushrooms are tender and golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Brush a sheet pan with some oil.
- Using hands, stretch out pizza dough to cover sheet pan - it should be pretty easy to do if you let the dough rest.
- Bake dough on top rack for 3 minutes without toppings. (This solo time in the oven gives the dough time to crisp up; if you put toppings on now, your crust may get soggy.)
- Remove pizza from oven. Brush the surface of the dough with garlic oil. Top with mushrooms and then both cheeses.
- Return pizza to oven and continue cooking until cheese is melted and bubbly, 8 to 12 minutes.
- While pizza bakes, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add cooking oil while whisking. Toss with spinach, dried cranberries, and almonds.
- Top pizza with red pepper flakes if you’d like.
- Slice pizza and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 17 reviews
I loved this. Instead of the salad, I added spinach to the mushrooms as they were cooking, which made the toppings a little soupy, but it was delicious despite that.
Loved this! Added balsamic to the mushrooms and added sausage. Skipped the salad because we were lazy
Used premade crusts and this was simple and so delicious. Loves the butter cooked mushrooms.
Used TJ pre-made pizza crusts so recipe super fast and simple. Loved the garlic oil and the sauteed mushrooms. Family felt like this was a restaurant quality pizza :)
Can you ever go wrong with pizza?? This was absolutely delicious!
I added some leftover Italian sausage I had, and this was still only ok for me. I think it needed more flavor.