Leek and Cauliflower Frittata
with apple and pecan salad
- Leeks - 2, white parts chopped
- Cauliflower, frozen florets - 8 oz (sub fresh)
- Eggs - 6
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Apples - 1, sliced
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Pecans - 1/4 cup
- Make vinaigrette - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Leeks - Chop leeks. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower - If using frozen, defrost in the microwave. If using fresh, chop into bite-sized pieces, place into a microwave-safe container, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave until tender, 2 to 4 minutes
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter in skillet and then add leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and saute for 1 minute to warm through.
- Pour in eggs and stir until ingredients are all mixed through.
- Transfer frittata to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and inserted knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata cooks, slice apples.
- Just before serving toss apples, mixed greens, and pecans with vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Added some garlic and Italian seasoning and Parmesan on top. Ate with toast. Easy and delicious.0 Helpful
This was alright - I was worried about this being bland based on the reviews so added a lot more salt and some Italian herbs (and garlic powder and hot sauce to the final product!) but it still could have been tastier.0 Helpful
This is my favorite type of meal, easy to make, rave reviews! I have made it 3 times.0 Helpful
In response to some other reviews about a lack of flavor, I added a good bit of garlic with the leeks, and some parmesan on top. I also added two extra eggs to balance out the amount of veggies. That seemed to do the trick for me at least, and this was tasty0 Helpful
I added parmesan and shredded cheese to the ricotta, italian herbs to the eggs, garlic with the leek, cooked for 10min in oven and it was perfect :D0 Helpful
Definitely a solid option - flavors didn’t really jump out but it was a good meal!0 Helpful