Ricotta, Leek, and Cauliflower Frittata
with apple and pecan salad
Cooking leeks in butter gives them a silky texture and subtly sweet flavor that forms the base of this quick and easy vegetarian frittata.
Ricotta, Leek, and Cauliflower Frittata:
- Leeks - 2 , white parts chopped
- Cauliflower, frozen florets - 8 oz (sub fresh)
- Eggs - 6
- Milk - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Cheese, ricotta - 1/2 cup
Apple and Pecan Salad:
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Apples - 1 , sliced
- Mixed greens - 5 oz
- Pecans - 1/4 cup
- Make vinaigrette - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Leeks - Chop leeks. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cauliflower - If using frozen, defrost in the microwave. If using fresh, chop into bite-sized pieces, place into a microwave-safe container, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave until tender, 2 to 4 minutes
- Eggs - Whisk eggs with milk, salt, and pepper.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter in skillet and then add leeks with a pinch of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and saute for 1 minute to warm through.
- Pour in eggs and stir until ingredients are all mixed through. Use a spoon to drop ricotta cheese over the top of the frittata.
- Transfer frittata to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and inserted knife comes out cleanly.
- While frittata cooks, slice apples.
- Just before serving toss apples, mixed greens, and pecans with vinaigrette until dressed to your liking.
- Slice frittata and serve with salad on the side. Enjoy!