Asian Kale Salad with Chicken
and peanut dressing / celery / Asian pears
Asian pears and celery add a sweet and crunchy bite to this delightfully balanced kale salad with seared chicken.
Smarts: Dressing the kale and letting it rest in the fridge ahead of time allows the kale to soften for the perfect salad texture.
- Ginger - 1 inch , grated
- Peanut butter - 1/4 cup (creamy is preferred, but crunchy will also work)
- Tamari - 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp (sub other hot sauce)
- Lime - 1 , juice of
- Celery - 4 ribs , thinly sliced
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , sliced into strips (sub chicken thighs)
- Kale, baby - 10 oz (sub 1 bunch kale, chopped, for 4 servings)
- Pears, Asian - 2 , julienned or sliced (sub any pears)
- Mint, fresh - 8 leaves , thinly sliced
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Make dressing - Grate ginger. Soften peanut butter in the microwave for ~30 seconds. Mix with ginger, Tamari, rice vinegar, honey, oil (portion for dressing), Sriracha (or other hot sauce), and lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Celery - Slice celery. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
Chicken - Cut chicken into strips. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Dress kale - Dress kale with half of the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to let the kale tenderize / soften.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for salad) and then add chicken to heated oil.
Sear chicken on each side until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes total.
Toss dressed kale with celery, pear, mint, and peanuts. Portion out the salad. Top with chicken slices and drizzle remainder of the dressing over top. Enjoy!