Asian Kale Salad with Chickenand peanut dressing / celery / Asian pears
- Ginger - 1 inch, grated
- Peanut butter - 1/4 cup (creamy is preferred, but crunchy will also work)
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha - 1 Tbsp (sub other hot sauce)
- Lime - 1, juice of
- Celery - 4 ribs, thinly sliced
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, sliced into strips (sub chicken thighs)
- Kale, baby - 10 oz (sub 1 bunch kale, chopped, for 4 servings)
- Pears, Asian - 2, julienned or sliced (sub any pears)
- Mint, fresh - 8 leaves, thinly sliced
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Peanuts - 1/2 cup
- Make dressing - Grate ginger. Soften peanut butter in the microwave for ~30 seconds. Mix with ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, oil (portion for dressing), Sriracha (or other hot sauce), and lime juice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Celery - Slice celery. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Chicken - Cut chicken into strips. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Dress kale - Dress kale with half of the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to let the kale tenderize / soften.
- Pears / Mint - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add oil (portion for salad) and then add chicken to heated oil.
- Sear chicken on each side until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes total.
- Toss dressed kale with celery, pear, mint, and peanuts. Portion out the salad. Top with chicken slices and drizzle remainder of the dressing over top. Enjoy!
This meal has 17 reviews
Kale is the worst, but this salad made it pretty edible!
My 4.5 yo ate all of it! Cashew butter was amazing, baby kale was delicious pre-dressed. Only reason for 3 instead of 4 stars, there wasn’t enough food for all 3 of us.
Very tasty and flavorful. Used thighs instead of breasts. I used my nutribullet to blend the peanut butter into the sauce and it was nice and creamy.
Kale. Ugh. Chicken. Meh. Salad. Boo.... was my thought process going into this but anything is better than picking out my own meals so we went for it and holy crap this was good. I should have known that peanut sauce would make anything magic and SURPRISE-- it even makes kale good! I forgot to microwave the peanut butter and it came together better than normal.
The peanut dressing was good. This was a nice light meal, but I felt like it was missing something.
Quick to come together and really tasty. Didn't mind the heavy dressing because we love all things peanut saucy! Used baby kale as it was easy but definitely made the salad feel a bit soggier. Great flavor combo though!