Italian Sausage and Leek Soup
Smarts: Soup makes great leftovers for lunch! Increase the servings to make extra soup for lunches this week.
- Carrots - 8 oz, diced
- Celery - 2 ribs, diced
- Leeks, large - 1, chopped, white parts only
- Zucchini - 12 oz, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Sausage, any pre-cooked or smoked variety - 16 oz, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Tomato paste - 3 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 4 cups
- Bay leaves - 2
- Heat a Dutch oven with olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, and leeks to heated pan. Saute until soft and starting to caramelize in some places, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, zucchini, garlic, and stock. Add bay leaves and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer soup until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season soup with some salt and pepper.
- Divide soup between serving bowls. Enjoy!
So flavorful. Will make again.0 Helpful
SO delicious! Will definitely make again!0 Helpful
Yummy and easy.0 Helpful
Delicious and easy to make one pot meal.0 Helpful
This was so tasty. I used all the ingredients as listed (beef broth), plus I added dashes of celery salt after each addition into the pan. Got rid of my old Dutch oven recently, so I just transferred everything into a round bakeware dish for the oven before adding the beans and panko mixture.0 Helpful
I've made both the veggie and regular (with chicken sausage) version of this and both were delicious.0 Helpful