Portobello, Brie, and Cranberry Melts
with green beans
Portobello, Brie, and Cranberry Melts:
- Mushrooms, portobello - 2 , stems removed and discarded
- Butter - 4 Tbsp
- Sandwich bread - 8 slices (sourdough preferred)
- Cheese, brie - 8 oz
- Cranberry sauce - 1/2 cup (sub cranberry or raspberry jam)
Lemony Green Beans:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Lemon zest - 1/2 tsp
- Heat a wok for green beans over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then add green beans to heated oil. Saute for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender and browned in spots. Season with some salt and pepper.
- While green beans are cooking, heat griddle or a skillet over medium heat. Brush with some oil and add sliced mushrooms in a single layer. Cook mushrooms on both sides just until seared. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lay out half of the bread slices buttered-side down. Top with brie (if the brie is too firm to spread with a knife, cut it into slices), then with mushrooms and cranberry sauce. Finish with remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up.
- Return the griddle or skillet used to cook the mushrooms to medium heat. Place sandwiches onto heated surface (as many as can fit) and press down throughout the grilling process with a spatula. Flip once the first side is golden, ~ 3 to 4 minutes. Move sandwiches onto cooling rack and keep warm until you're ready to eat.
- When green beans are finished cooking, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and lemon zest. Toss with green beans and season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with green beans on the side. Enjoy!