Miso Ramen with Lime
and bok choy / cauliflower / edamame
Smarts: If you'd like to have leftovers, cook the noodles separately and add them to the soup just before serving so they don't turn soggy.
- Garlic - 3 cloves, sliced
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, chopped
- Green onions - 1 stalk, chopped finely
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Miso, any type - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lime zest - 1/2 tsp
- Bok choy, baby - 3/4 lb, chopped (sub regular bok choy or zucchini)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 to 4 tsp
- Stock, any type - 4 cups
- Noodles, dried ramen - 8 oz (sub soba or udon)
- Edamame, shelled - 1 cup
- Garlic / Cauliflower - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make miso-lime butter - Chop green onions. Soften butter in microwave for ~10 seconds. Mash in miso, lime zest, and green onions. If you like spice, add in a few drops of your favorite hot sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bok choy - Halve bok choy lengthwise and then rinse thoroughly in cold water in case any dirt got trapped in the stems. Drain and then chop. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat a saucepan or wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then bok choy to heated oil. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add miso-lime butter and then cauliflower and garlic. Saute until garlic is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until cauliflower is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add noodles and edamame and cook just until noodles are tender, 3 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Remove from heat. Season with some salt, pepper, and lime juice if desired. Enjoy!
I doubled the bok Choy and was really glad I did - it was definitely not enough veggies in the original recipe.2 Helpful
I actually made both the vegetarian option and the steak. My meat-eaters put the steak on top of a bowl of the vegetarian noodles to which I just added mushrooms & broccoli to the original recipe. Huge hit with everyone!0 Helpful
Super delicious! Loved the miso butter! Definitely made the meal0 Helpful
This is so good! Love the miso lim butter! Would double bok choy next time. Used Skirt Steak.0 Helpful
This is so good & easy, miso lime butter is delicious!0 Helpful
flavor was off.0 Helpful
The cauliflower cooked way too long and got mushy, which made the whole soup inedible. Flavors were not on point either.0 Helpful