Steak with Aminos-Lime Butterand sauteed bok choy with garlic / cauliflower rice
- Garlic - 3 cloves, sliced
- Bok choy, baby - 3/4 lb, chopped (sub regular bok choy or zucchini)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 to 4 tsp
- Cauliflower, small - 1 head, florets chopped
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Green onions - 1 stalk, chopped finely
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Steak, flank, skirt or hangar - 1 1/4 lb
- Cauliflower rice - Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with some salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Garlic - Thinly slice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make aminos-lime butter - Chop green onions. Soften butter in microwave for ~10 seconds. Mash in aminos (portion for steak), lime juice, and green onions. If you like spice, add in a few drops of your favorite hot sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bok choy - Halve bok choy lengthwise and then rinse thoroughly in cold water in case any dirt got trapped in the stems. Drain and then chop. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Steak - Season steak with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- If making steak on grill: Preheat grill to 500F / 260C degrees. Clean grates and brush with some oil. Place steak over direct heat. Sear steak for ~4 minutes on each side with the cover closed. Move steak to indirect heat and cook until it reaches desired level of doneness. Medium-rare: 130F / 54C degrees (~3 minutes); Medium: 140F / 60C degrees (~6 minutes); Well-done: 160F / 71C degrees (~10 minutes).
- If making steak on stovetop / oven: Heat grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with some cooking oil. Place steak onto hot pan. Sear steak for ~4 minutes on each side. Lower heat to medium, cover with foil, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare; another 4 to 7 minutes for medium; 8 to 10 minutes for well-done.
- While steak cooks, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then chopped bok choy to the pan. Saute for ~3 minutes and then add sliced garlic. Saute for another 3 to 5 minutes, until bok choy is tender but still crunchy. Finish with aminos (portion for bok choy). Season with some salt, pepper, and lime juice if desired.
- Reheat cauliflower rice if made ahead.
- After steak is done rest for ~5 minutes, keeping covered with foil, before slicing against the grain.
- Enjoy steak and bok choy over cauliflower rice, spreading aminos-lime butter over steak.
This meal has 41 reviews
This is so good & easy, miso lime butter is delicious!
flavor was off.
The cauliflower cooked way too long and got mushy, which made the whole soup inedible. Flavors were not on point either.
Really good. Miso butter is a fantastic condiment idea.
I doubled the bok Choy and was really glad I did - it was definitely not enough veggies in the original recipe.
All phenomenal!! My only complaint is that the bok choy portion seems off - the 4-serving recipe made barely 2 servings’ worth.