Miso Ramen with Limeand bok choy / cauliflower / edamame
Saute vegetables in miso-lime butter to develop deep umami flavors in the ramen that tastes simmered for hours (even though it comes together in a matter of minutes!).
Smarts: If you'd like to have leftovers, cook the noodles separately and add them to the soup just before serving so they don't turn soggy.
- Garlic - 3 cloves, sliced
- Cauliflower - 1 lb, chopped
- Green onions - 1 stalk, chopped finely
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Miso, any type - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Lime zest - 1/2 tsp
- Bok choy, baby - 3/4 lb, chopped (sub regular bok choy or zucchini)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 to 4 tsp
- Stock, any type - 4 cups
- Noodles, dried ramen - 8 oz (sub soba or udon)
- Edamame, shelled - 1 cup
- Garlic / Cauliflower - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make miso-lime butter - Chop green onions. Soften butter in microwave for ~10 seconds. Mash in miso, lime zest, and green onions. If you like spice, add in a few drops of your favorite hot sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bok choy - Halve bok choy lengthwise and then rinse thoroughly in cold water in case any dirt got trapped in the stems. Drain and then chop. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat a saucepan or wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then bok choy to heated oil. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add miso-lime butter and then cauliflower and garlic. Saute until garlic is fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer until cauliflower is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add noodles and edamame and cook just until noodles are tender, 3 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Remove from heat. Season with some salt, pepper, and lime juice if desired. Enjoy!
This meal has 41 reviews
It's hard to go wrong with miso lime butter. :) And this comes together relatively quickly too! Like a couple other commenters, I would have liked more bok choy.
Classy and nice dinner that was easy to make yet interesting in taste. Loved the miso butter the most!
Was great before and great this time too!
One of our favorites!
This was great. I really loved the bok choy. Definitely a repeat.
Loved this! As others have said, came together surprisingly quickly and the flavor combos were great. Loved that butter!