Buffalo Chicken Tenderswith romaine salad / tahini “ranch” dressing
Enjoy the spice of buffalo chicken with a cool romaine salad on the side.
Smarts: Tossing the chicken with arrowroot powder helps the sauce thicken and coat the chicken.
- Hot sauce - 2 Tbsp (Frank’s Hot Sauce is the most common brand used to make buffalo sauce)
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced into strips (sub pre-sliced chicken tenders)
- Arrowroot powder - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini “Ranch” Dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Green onions - 1 stalk, chopped white and green parts combined
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Dill, dried (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Carrots - 4 oz, thinly sliced (sub shredded carrots)
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry - 1 cup, halved
- Tahini “Ranch” Dressing - 3 Tbsp
- Carrots - Thinly slice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make buffalo sauce - Combine hot sauce, water, honey, aminos, and garlic powder (portion for chicken tenders). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make tahini “ranch” dressing - Finely chop white and green parts of green onions. Combine with tahini, vinegar, mustard, dried dill, and garlic powder (portion for dressing). Add olive oil while whisking. (For a very smooth dressing, blend with an immersion blender.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - If not already sliced, slice into tenders. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Toss chicken with arrowroot powder.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until deep golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour buffalo sauce over top and simmer until sauce coats chicken and chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Toss lettuce with carrots, tomatoes, and portion of dressing for salad. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken tenders with remaining dressing drizzled over top. Enjoy salad on the side.
This meal has 42 reviews
Excellent. I reduced the hot sauce for our family's tastes, but everyone including kids enjoyed the sandwich. Next time I might make some extra dressing because we found ourselves dipping the sandwich in the ranch sauce.
Really liked this one! A perfect meal.
We love this meal. I usually change it into a buffalo chicken salad but we have made it several times as lunch to bring to work. I LOVE the homemade ranch especially. I've made it countless times using the exact recipe (I use the greek yogurt option instead of the sour cream) for salads or dip to bring along with veggies for a snack at work.
We really liked this. I actually required a bit more of the hot sauce.
We subbed oven baked fries for the salad on this one.
I don't eat ranch dressing, so we didn't have that component. The sauce was tasty, easy to make recipe!