Buffalo Chicken Tenderswith romaine salad / tahini “ranch” dressing
Enjoy the spice of buffalo chicken with a cool romaine salad on the side.
Smarts: Tossing the chicken with arrowroot powder helps the sauce thicken and coat the chicken.
- Hot sauce - 2 Tbsp (Frank’s Hot Sauce is the most common brand used to make buffalo sauce)
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced into strips (sub pre-sliced chicken tenders)
- Arrowroot powder - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini “Ranch” Dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Green onions - 1 stalk, chopped white and green parts combined
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Dill, dried (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Carrots - 4 oz, thinly sliced (sub shredded carrots)
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry - 1 cup, halved
- Tahini “Ranch” Dressing - 3 Tbsp
- Carrots - Thinly slice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make buffalo sauce - Combine hot sauce, water, honey, aminos, and garlic powder (portion for chicken tenders). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make tahini “ranch” dressing - Finely chop white and green parts of green onions. Combine with tahini, vinegar, mustard, dried dill, and garlic powder (portion for dressing). Add olive oil while whisking. (For a very smooth dressing, blend with an immersion blender.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - If not already sliced, slice into tenders. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Toss chicken with arrowroot powder.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until deep golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour buffalo sauce over top and simmer until sauce coats chicken and chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Toss lettuce with carrots, tomatoes, and portion of dressing for salad. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken tenders with remaining dressing drizzled over top. Enjoy salad on the side.
not as creamy as i expected so would double the sauce next time! but really tasty! LOVE the ranch sauce but had a hard time keeping the diced chicken in. Would shred or cut in strips next time!0 Helpful
hubby liked it a lot, i thought it was fine0 Helpful
Was much better than I expected. I had to add water to the tahini dressing since mine was too thick. Used 3 different hot sauces for the chicken which was great! Might be 4.5 stars but gave it 5 since it was tasty.0 Helpful
We used half of the recommended hot sauce. Love the idea of slicing the chicken to keep it in the rolls. Overall the whole family liked it.0 Helpful
Good, but wasn't exactly the buffalo flavor i was expecting. Tofu was super easy and I liked it a lot! Family, not so much..0 Helpful