Buffalo Chicken Tenderswith romaine salad / tahini “ranch” dressing
Enjoy the spice of buffalo chicken with a cool romaine salad on the side.
Smarts: Tossing the chicken with arrowroot powder helps the sauce thicken and coat the chicken.
- Hot sauce - 2 Tbsp (Frank’s Hot Sauce is the most common brand used to make buffalo sauce)
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced into strips (sub pre-sliced chicken tenders)
- Arrowroot powder - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini “Ranch” Dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 3 Tbsp
- Green onions - 1 stalk, chopped white and green parts combined
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Dill, dried (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Carrots - 4 oz, thinly sliced (sub shredded carrots)
- Lettuce, romaine - 6 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry - 1 cup, halved
- Tahini “Ranch” Dressing - 3 Tbsp
- Carrots - Thinly slice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make buffalo sauce - Combine hot sauce, water, honey, aminos, and garlic powder (portion for chicken tenders). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make tahini “ranch” dressing - Finely chop white and green parts of green onions. Combine with tahini, vinegar, mustard, dried dill, and garlic powder (portion for dressing). Add olive oil while whisking. (For a very smooth dressing, blend with an immersion blender.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Chicken - If not already sliced, slice into tenders. Tenderize with a fork and season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Toss chicken with arrowroot powder.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until deep golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour buffalo sauce over top and simmer until sauce coats chicken and chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Toss lettuce with carrots, tomatoes, and portion of dressing for salad. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken tenders with remaining dressing drizzled over top. Enjoy salad on the side.
This meal has 42 reviews
We really like the idea of this, and I thought that the ranch dressing was delicious! The sauce for the chicken was too sweet so we’ll use it as a dipping sauce for potstickers later. I used thighs instead of breast, but chicken breast would have worked equally well. We used Franks wing sauce and it worked quite well. Also served with the traditional carrot and celery with blue cheese dressing instead of salad. I look Ford to making this meal again.
Quite good. The sandwhich was a great mix of spicy and creamy. Salad was alright.
This was really good!
Fantastic! Used leftover tortillas instead. And turkey breast instead of chicken.
Wasn't as flavorful as I expected, so added more hot sauce on top of chicken and was better. Ranch was too mayonnaisy for us.
Used premade ranch dressing and buffalo sauce, and whole chicken tenders instead of diced chicken. Came together so quickly and it was delicious!