Shrimp Fajita Saladwith bell peppers / corn / avocados
We've featured this shrimp fajita salad in the past (most recently in 2017) and it always gets great reviews from our community for coming together quickly and offering great color and texture. Adding crumbled tortilla chips at the end is totally optional, but we highly recommend it!
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Vinegar, red wine - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Sour cream - 1/4 cup (sub plain or Greek yogurt)
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Shrimp - 1 lb, shelled and deveined
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Shallots - 1 bulb, sliced
- Bell peppers, green - 1, sliced
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , sliced
- Green onions - 2 stalks, sliced thinly
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 head, chopped
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Corn kernels, frozen or canned - 1 cup, thawed or drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Tortilla chips (opt) - 1 cup, crushed
- Make dressing - Chop garlic. Whisk garlic with vinegar, mustard, sour cream, paprika (portion for dressing), and cooking oil (portion for dressing). Season to taste with some salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry. Toss with garlic powder, paprika (portion for salad), coriander, cumin, and some salt. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Shallots / Bell Peppers / Green onions - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Corn - Defrost in microwave for frozen or drain and rinse for canned.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (portion for salad) and then shallots to heated oil with a pinch of salt. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Add peppers and saute for 3 minutes more.
- Fold in shrimp and toss until shrimp are cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Assemble salads with lettuce, avocados, and corn. Toss with shrimp, peppers, and dressing. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Sprinkle green onions and crushed tortilla chips on top!
This meal has 31 reviews
Sauce brought it all together. Added some premade tomatillo and mango salsa. Tasty and quick. Modular meals make family eating effortless!
The dressing was sour. As others noted, we think she meant 3 TEASPOONS of red wine vinegar, not 3 TABLESPOONS. At any rate, we recommend starting small with the amount of red wine vinegar and tasting the dressing and adding more as you go.
Rave reviews from the family!
Tasty and easy to make. Can’t go wrong with this one.
Yummy and easy!
Nice, light summer meal. I might double the seasoning on the shrimp the next time I make it; while it was tasty and my son liked that it wasn't spicy, it wasn't overly flavorful.