White Bean and Chard Florentine
White Bean and Chard Florentine:
- Onions, medium - 1/2 , chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Chard, any type - 8 oz , stems and leaves chopped
- Beans, cannellini or butter (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained or rinsed
- Spaghetti - 8 oz
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Flour - 3 Tbsp
- Thyme, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Wine, white - 3/4 cup (sub stock)
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
- Cheese, Parmesan (op) - 2 oz
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add butter. When butter melts, add onions, garlic, and chard stems and saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Stir in flour and thyme until no dry spots remain, ~1 minute.
- Pour white wine and stock over onions / chard stems and simmer (reduce heat if necessary) until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir heavy cream, chard leaves, and beans into sauce. Cover and cook until chard is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done, drain and rinse.
- Spoon white bean and chard sauce over pasta. Top with cheese. Enjoy!