White Bean and Chard Florentine
Served in a creamy white sauce like the classic Chicken Florentine, this vegetarian twist uses white beans and chard in the sauce. Spoon it over spaghetti for easy, creamy comfort food.
White Bean and Chard Florentine:
- Onions, medium - 1/2 , chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves , chopped
- Chard, any type - 8 oz , stems and leaves chopped
- Beans, cannellini or butter (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can , drained or rinsed
- Spaghetti - 8 oz
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Flour - 3 Tbsp
- Thyme, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Wine, white - 3/4 cup (sub stock)
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
- Cheese, Parmesan (op) - 2 oz
- Onions / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Chard - Prep as directed. Store chard stems and chard leaves separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add butter. When butter melts, add onions, garlic, and chard stems and saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Stir in flour and thyme until no dry spots remain, ~1 minute.
- Pour white wine and stock over onions / chard stems and simmer (reduce heat if necessary) until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir heavy cream, chard leaves, and beans into sauce. Cover and cook until chard is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done, drain and rinse.
- Spoon white bean and chard sauce over pasta. Top with cheese. Enjoy!