White Bean and Chard Florentine
Served in a creamy white sauce like the classic Chicken Florentine, this vegetarian twist uses white beans and chard in the sauce. Spoon it over spaghetti for easy, creamy comfort food.
- Onions, medium - 1/2, chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Chard, any type - 8 oz, stems and leaves chopped
- Beans, cannellini or butter (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained or rinsed
- Spaghetti - 8 oz
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Flour - 3 Tbsp
- Thyme, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Wine, white - 3/4 cup (sub stock)
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
- Cheese, Parmesan (op) - 2 oz
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add butter. When butter melts, add onions, garlic, and chard stems and saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Stir in flour and thyme until no dry spots remain, ~1 minute.
- Pour white wine and stock over onions / chard stems and simmer (reduce heat if necessary) until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir heavy cream, chard leaves, and beans into sauce. Cover and cook until chard is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done, drain and rinse.
- Spoon white bean and chard sauce over pasta. Top with cheese. Enjoy!
This dish was delicious! I added some garlic bread as a side and it was a hit.0 Helpful
This recipe is really great. My whole family really enjoyed it and will definitely make again. The sauce was to little, though. I did make some changes in seasoning. Instead of only seasoning chicken with salt and pepper, I used a combination of Puertorican seasonings - adobo and sazón Goya for the chicken. For the sauce, I also used adobo Goya to season it while it was cooking and the flavors were incredible.0 Helpful
I really liked this, but I could have easily doubled the amount of zucchini.0 Helpful
I thought this was a very flavorful and easy recipe. Lots of Mushrooms and the cream sauce was super good. I would have doubled the amount of spinach if I was re-doing.0 Helpful
My kids liked the chicken's flavor. Good meal but not a repeat for me.0 Helpful
We loved it, but there wasn't enough sauce.0 Helpful