- Onions, medium - 1/2, chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Mushrooms, any button - 16 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb, halved
- Spaghetti - 8 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Flour - 3 Tbsp
- Thyme, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Wine, white - 3/4 cup (sub stock)
- Stock, any type - 1/4 cup
- Heavy cream - 1/4 cup
- Baby spinach - 5 oz
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. When oil is hot, sear chicken until golden brown on both sides and nearly cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes on each side (it will finish cooking in the sauce). Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and add butter. When butter melts, add onions, garlic, and mushrooms and saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Stir in flour and thyme until no dry spots remain, ~1 minute.
- Pour white wine and stock over mushrooms and simmer (reduce heat if necessary) until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir heavy cream and spinach into sauce. Add chicken back to pan and nestle in sauce. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked all the way through and spinach is wilted, 3 to 4 minutes more. Season with some salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done, drain and rinse.
- Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Enjoy!
We used extra chard so thick with veggies. Thickened with cashew milk rather than cream.0 Helpful
This dish was delicious! I added some garlic bread as a side and it was a hit.0 Helpful
This recipe is really great. My whole family really enjoyed it and will definitely make again. The sauce was to little, though. I did make some changes in seasoning. Instead of only seasoning chicken with salt and pepper, I used a combination of Puertorican seasonings - adobo and sazón Goya for the chicken. For the sauce, I also used adobo Goya to season it while it was cooking and the flavors were incredible.0 Helpful
I really liked this, but I could have easily doubled the amount of zucchini.0 Helpful
I thought this was a very flavorful and easy recipe. Lots of Mushrooms and the cream sauce was super good. I would have doubled the amount of spinach if I was re-doing.0 Helpful
My kids liked the chicken's flavor. Good meal but not a repeat for me.0 Helpful