Baked Ham and Cheese Slider Melts
with roasted carrots / sugar snap peas
- Mayonnaise - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Slider buns / rolls, gluten-free and small - 12 (look for sweet Hawaiian slider rolls; sub 1 regular hamburger bun per serving)
- Ham, deli-sliced - 8 oz
- Cheese, Swiss - 6 slices (sub guyere or cheddar)
- Butter - 2 Tbsp
- Poppy seeds (opt) - 1 tsp
- Foil - for baking
- Carrots - 16 oz, matchsticks
- Sugar snap peas - 12 oz, trimmed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Sesame seeds, white (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Carrots - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Slice carrots into matchsticks. (Note: You want the carrots fairly thin so they will finish roasting at the same time as the sugar snap peas.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Whisk together mayonnaise and mustard. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Sugar snap peas - Trim sugar snap peas. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Slider buns / rolls - If not pre-sliced, slice.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C. Set out a sheet pan and a square baking dish (if making more than 4 servings, use a large rectangular dish).
- Whisk together oil, garlic powder, salt, and sesame seeds. Toss with carrots and sugar snap peas. Spread out on the sheet pan.
- Transfer to the oven and roast, shaking the pan halfway through cooking, until carrots are tender, 10 to 14 minutes.
- While vegetables roast, spread the bottom halves of slider buns out in the baking dish. Spread with mayo / mustard dressing. Top each slider with ham, cheese (tear into small pieces to fit on sliders), and then top halves of buns.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Stir in poppy seeds (if using) and pour over buns. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake sliders, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil cover and bake until golden brown on top, ~1 minute more.
- Serve sliders with vegetables on the side. Enjoy!
Cook times were off for me. Took longer than I was hoping0 Helpful
Super quick and easy on a busy night and the kids loved it. I just brushed the tops of the buns with butter <Tbsp and 15 minutes for everything. Added pickle slices to the sandwiches and a smoothie on the side.0 Helpful
We did the sandwiches with carrot sticks and cottage cheese. Quick and easy meal for a busy night.0 Helpful
I made it with veggie ham slices instead of mushroom. Good but why so much butter?0 Helpful
This was easy to make and everyone loved it. The side veggies were so simple, but so good! Agree that cooking a little longer would probably have been better since the bottom bun was a bit soggy. I had 2 sliders left over that reheated nicely in the toaster oven.0 Helpful
Very quick and easy to make. Not the healthiest recipe but fine to have one in a while. Everyone found it very tasty. I cooked for the amount of time given and cheese was nicely melted, however I used grated cheddar cheese not Swiss.0 Helpful