Avocado and Mango Summer Rolls
with peanut dipping sauce
Summer rolls take a bit of practice to make, but our community members report that they are worth the effort (especially when served with peanut sauce for dipping)! This version is filled with avocado and mango which gives them a balance of sweet and savory flavors.
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- Peanut butter - 1/3 cup (sub any nut butter)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp (sub hot sauce)
- Water - 3 Tbsp
Avocado and Mango Summer Rolls:
- Noodles, thin rice vermicelli - 3 oz (find these in the ethnic food aisle or sub soba or spaghetti)
- Carrots - 2 , matchsticks (look for pre-shredded)
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , matchsticks
- Mangos - 1 , sliced
- Avocados - 1 , sliced
- Mint, fresh - 16 leaves
- Rice papers (look for these in the ethnic aisle) - 16
- Cook rice noodles - (Skip this step if noodles were already made on Monday.) Cook according to package instructions. If not using right away, rinse noodles under cool water and store in an airtight container. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dipping sauce - Whisk together peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Add water a bit at a time until sauce reaches a smooth, pourable consistency. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Carrots / Cucumbers - Prep as directed and store in one container. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Mangos / Avocados - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Fill a frying pan with about 1 1/2” / 3.75 cm of water. Heat water over medium-low heat - it shouldn't be so hot that you can’t touch it.
- Use fingers to loosen noodles if they are stuck together and break them into smaller pieces.
- Set out ingredients for filling summer rolls - noodles, avocado slices, mango slices, carrots, cucumbers, and mint leaves.
- Dip rice paper into water and rotate through water (check out this video to see how we keep the rice paper from sticking). Place onto a plate. Do 4 at a time and then assemble 4 rolls.
- To assemble rolls, layer all of the filling ingredients at the end of the rice paper that is close to you. Don’t overfill or the paper will break. Fold rice paper over the filling from the bottom up. Then fold sides over. Roll as tightly as possible. (Again, check out this video for tips)
- Serve summer rolls with peanut sauce for dipping. Enjoy!