Lemongrass Pork and Shrimp Lettuce Cups
with cashew butter dipping sauce
The unique filling for these lettuce cups combines pork and shrimp in a flavorful lemongrass sauce that is inspired by Southeast Asian cooking. The flavors in the lettuce cups are great on their own, but a creamy cashew butter dipping sauce really puts them over the top.
Creamy Cashew Dipping Sauce:
- Cashew butter - 1/3 cup (sub almond or other nut butter)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp (sub hot sauce)
- Water - 3 Tbsp
Lemongrass Pork and Shrimp Lettuce Cups:
- Lemongrass - 2 stalks , finely diced
- Carrots - 2 , matchsticks (look for pre-shredded)
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , matchsticks
- Lettuce, romaine - 12 leaves (sub iceberg or butterhead)
- Mint, fresh - 8 leaves , chiffonade
- Shrimp, pre-cooked cocktail - 12 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Pork, ground - 1 lb
- Sriracha (opt) - for serving (sub hot sauce)
- Make dipping sauce - Whisk together cashew butter, honey, aminos, and Sriracha. Add water a bit at a time until sauce reaches a smooth, pourable consistency. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lemongrass / Carrots / Cucumbers - Prep as directed and store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Mint - Prep as directed.
- Shrimp - Finely dice shrimp.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a wok with oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and some salt and saute until nearly cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain off any liquid / grease.
- To pork add lemongrass and continue cooking until pork is finished cooking. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp and mint. Season with some more salt if needed.
- Set out ingredients for filling lettuce cups - lettuce leaves, pork / shrimp filling, carrots, cucumbers, and Sriracha.
- Let everyone assemble their lettuce cups at the table. Dip the lettuce cups in sauce and enjoy!