Chickpea Fattoush Salad
with feta / pita chips / creamy tahini dressing
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp (sub plain yogurt)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Mint, fresh - 6 leaves, chiffonade
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Pita chips - 2 cups, crumbled
- Make creamy tahini dressing - Peel and chop garlic. Combine garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, tahini, and honey. Whisk until smooth. (For a smooth, creamy dressing, blend with an immersion blender.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Avocados / Mint - Prep as directed.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add beans and spice mix and saute until warm and fragrant, ~2 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Toss together salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, and mint. Divide between serving bowls.
- Top salads with feta cheese, beans, and crumbled pita chips. Add dressing until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
This was an amazingly yummy salad. All of the components went so well together!0 Helpful
Eh, this was fine, but not too exciting0 Helpful
This was delicious. A new family favorite. I told my kids they were little hamburger bites. Left off the cheese.0 Helpful
Skipped the chips. Subbed turkey for lamb to save calories/money. Dressing was amazing, will definitely make that again.0 Helpful
Subbed ground turkey. Good way to mix up Salad night.0 Helpful
Made tzatziki instead of tahini. Used goat cheese instead of feta. Easy and okay tasting.0 Helpful