Lamb Fattoush Salad
with feta / pita chips / creamy tahini dressing
We've included several versions of fattoush in previous meal plans but are excited about this version that is topped with warm, spiced lamb. What makes fattoush stand out from other entree salads is the addition of pita chips. Crumble them over the salad right before serving so they retain some crunch - the texture contrast is great!
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Tahini - 2 Tbsp (sub plain yogurt)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Lamb, ground - 1 lb (sub any ground meat)
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Mint, fresh - 6 leaves, chiffonade
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Salad greens - 8 oz
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz, crumbled
- Pita chips - 2 cups, crumbled
- Make creamy tahini dressing - Peel and chop garlic. Combine garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, tahini, and honey. Whisk until smooth. (For a smooth, creamy dressing, blend with an immersion blender.) (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Season lamb - Combine lamb with paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cucumbers / Tomatoes / Mint - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb and saute until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Toss together salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, and mint. Divide between serving bowls.
- Top salads with lamb, feta cheese, and crumbled pita chips. Add dressing until dressed to your liking. Enjoy!
This was an amazingly yummy salad. All of the components went so well together!0 Helpful
Eh, this was fine, but not too exciting0 Helpful
This was delicious. A new family favorite. I told my kids they were little hamburger bites. Left off the cheese.0 Helpful
Skipped the chips. Subbed turkey for lamb to save calories/money. Dressing was amazing, will definitely make that again.0 Helpful
Subbed ground turkey. Good way to mix up Salad night.0 Helpful
Made tzatziki instead of tahini. Used goat cheese instead of feta. Easy and okay tasting.0 Helpful