Taco Salad with Spiced Pinto Beansand honey-adobo dressing
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Adobo sauce - 1 Tbsp (usually found with canned chipotle peppers)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Lettuce, any crisp variety like iceberg or Boston leaf - 8 oz, shredded
- Tomatoes, Roma - 4, chopped
- Avocados - 1, diced
- Olives, black and sliced (4 oz / 113 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Beans, pinto (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Corn kernels, frozen - 1 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, shredded Mexican blend - 4 oz
- Tortilla chips - 4 cups
- Make honey-adobo sauce / dressing - (Skip if dressing was made ahead for Wednesday.) Whisk together vinegar, adobo sauce, honey, paprika (portion for sauce / dressing), and oil (portion for sauce / dressing). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, coriander, paprika (portion for salad), garlic powder, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Olives - Drain and rinse.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Corn - Defrost corn.
- Heat a skillet with oil (portion for taco salad) over medium heat. Add beans and corn. Saute for 1 minute to heat through. Add spice mix and saute for 1 to 2 minutes more, until spices are fragrant.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce and topping it with bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and olives. Top with beans, corn, and cheese.
- Dress salads with honey-adobo dressing. Serve with tortilla chips (you can crumble these over the top or use them to scoop up the other ingredients). Enjoy!
This meal has 28 reviews
Great weekday dish. Easy and flavorful.
I added onion and half a packet of taco seasoning to the turkey, and it tasted terrific. The Adobe sauce dressing is really good.
Made with beef. Loved it!
Turkey could have used a lot more spice.
So easy and delicious! My husband isn’t a taco fan but even he said he enjoyed it.
Easy and tasty. I was grateful for a meal tonight that came together so quickly!