Taco Salad with Spiced Pinto Beans
and honey-adobo dressing
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Adobo sauce - 1 Tbsp (usually found with canned chipotle peppers)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Lettuce, any crisp variety like iceberg or Boston leaf - 8 oz, shredded
- Tomatoes, Roma - 4, chopped
- Avocados - 1, diced
- Olives, black and sliced (4 oz / 113 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Beans, pinto (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Corn kernels, frozen - 1 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, shredded Mexican blend - 4 oz
- Tortilla chips - 4 cups
- Make honey-adobo sauce / dressing - (Skip if dressing was made ahead for Wednesday.) Whisk together vinegar, adobo sauce, honey, paprika (portion for sauce / dressing), and oil (portion for sauce / dressing). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, coriander, paprika (portion for salad), garlic powder, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Olives - Drain and rinse.
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Corn - Defrost corn.
- Heat a skillet with oil (portion for taco salad) over medium heat. Add beans and corn. Saute for 1 minute to heat through. Add spice mix and saute for 1 to 2 minutes more, until spices are fragrant.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce and topping it with bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and olives. Top with beans, corn, and cheese.
- Dress salads with honey-adobo dressing. Serve with tortilla chips (you can crumble these over the top or use them to scoop up the other ingredients). Enjoy!
Great weekday dish. Easy and flavorful.0 Helpful
I added onion and half a packet of taco seasoning to the turkey, and it tasted terrific. The Adobe sauce dressing is really good.0 Helpful
Made with beef. Loved it!0 Helpful
Turkey could have used a lot more spice.0 Helpful
So easy and delicious! My husband isn’t a taco fan but even he said he enjoyed it.0 Helpful
Easy and tasty. I was grateful for a meal tonight that came together so quickly!0 Helpful