Taco Salad with Ground Turkeyand honey-adobo dressing
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Adobo sauce - 1 Tbsp (usually found with canned chipotle peppers)
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Bell peppers, any color - 1, diced
- Turkey, ground and lean - 1 lb
- Lettuce, any crisp variety like iceberg or Boston leaf - 8 oz, shredded
- Tomatoes, Roma - 4, chopped
- Avocados - 1, diced
- Olives, black and sliced (4 oz / 113 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, shredded Mexican blend - 4 oz
- Tortilla chips - 4 cups
- Make honey-adobo sauce / dressing - (Skip if dressing was made ahead for Wednesday.) Whisk together vinegar, adobo sauce, honey, paprika (portion for sauce / dressing), and oil (portion for sauce / dressing). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make spice mix - Combine cumin, coriander, paprika (portion for salad), garlic powder, and salt. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Dice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Season turkey - Combine turkey with spice mix. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes / Avocados - Prep as directed.
- Olives - Drain and rinse.
- Heat a skillet with oil (portion for taco salad) over medium-high heat. Add turkey and saute until turkey is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce and topping it with bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and olives. Top with turkey and cheese.
- Dress salads with honey-adobo dressing. Serve with tortilla chips (you can crumble these over the top or use them to scoop up the other ingredients). Enjoy!
This meal has 28 reviews
I've never used ground turkey in a taco salad before and I just loved it! The sauce was amazing and we will definitely be making this again!
Decent meal. 4yo loves the spice mixon the beans and corn. Used extra dressing from the fennel/strawberry salad we added this week since we can’t eat spicy adobo and I don’t tend to like red wine vinegar dressings. Not efficient, but got a meal made.
Had this when friends came over. Subbed beef for turkey and made lettuce wraps instead of salad. Delicious!!
Loved this salad! So dang tasty.
I loved this! I added a bit of diced red onion too. Will definitely make again.
I made this with ground beef. The meat was kind of bland and I didn't use it all, but the salad overall was great.