with marinated feta / kalamata olives / green beans
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Olives, pitted Kalmata - 1/2 cup, sliced
- Green beans - 12 oz, trimmed and chopped
- Lettuce - 8 oz, chopped (any crisp variety like Romaine or Boston leaf)
- Tomatoes, medium - 2, chopped
- Bread, thick-cut / Italian-style - 4 slices
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Marinated feta (ingredients listed separately) - 4 oz
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (ingredients listed separately) - 6 Tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 4 Tbsp
- Garlic (for feta and vinaigrette) - Chop garlic. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Feta - Cut feta into 1/2” / 1.25 cm cubes. Gently toss with garlic (portion for feta) and transfer to a small bowl or jar. Pour olive oil over feta and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Combine garlic (portion for vinaigrette) with vinegar, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Add olive oil (portion for vinaigrette) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Olives - prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Green beans - Trim and cut into 1/2” / 1.25 cm pieces. Place in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Cut bread into 1” / 2.5 cm cubes. Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and bread cubes and toast until golden brown and crisp on all sides, ~5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove feta from marinade.
- To assemble salads, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, green beans, olives, and feta. Add vinaigrette until dressed to your liking. Just before serving, add bread cubes and toss to combine. (Do this at the very last minute so the bread stays crunchy.) Enjoy!
Pretty standard chicken and salad recipe -- liked the marinade on the chicken.0 Helpful
This was delicious. I used made the spiced chickpeas (from the spiced chickpea grain bowl left out the cumin) added those instead of feta and added cucumbers instead of green beans.0 Helpful
Easy and tasty. Use the grill!0 Helpful
I think some feta would’ve improved this salad. We liked the marinade for the chicken0 Helpful
I wish we’d added feta or some other cheese to it. Overall it was fine.0 Helpful
The best cooksmart salad recipe that I've made! Whole family loved it.0 Helpful