Chicken Soba Noodles
with carrots / coleslaw mix
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Miso paste, any color - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/3 cup
- Carrots - 8 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, meat shredded
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Cilantro - 3 Tbsp
- Noodles, soba - 8 oz (sub spaghetti)
- Cornstarch - 2 tsp
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Make stir-fry sauce - Combine brown sugar, miso, vinegar, toasted sesame oil, and soy sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if this was done ahead on Tuesday.) Take meat off the bone and slice with a knife. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Limes / Cilantro - Prep as directed. Store separately.
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add soba noodles and cook according to packaged instructions. (Soba noodles don’t take long to cook, so keep an eye out.) Drain.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water.
- When noodles are nearly finished cooking, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then carrots. Saute until carrots are nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add coleslaw mix and garlic and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Pour stir-fry sauce over top and bring to a simmer. Add cornstarch / water mixture while stirring. Simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, ~2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soba noodles and juice from one of the lime wedges. Add rotisserie chicken.
- Serve chicken soba noodles with cilantro on top and lime wedges and hot sauce on the side to use as garnishes. Enjoy!
Good and easy meal. Used pre-shredded carrots and red and green cabbage. Also added some edamame since we didn’t have as enough shredded chicken.0 Helpful
I didn't have tofu so added edamame and used broccoli instead of cole slaw mix. I also added peanut butter to the sauce. Cam eout really well.0 Helpful
very good and fast meal!! you could use any vegetables.0 Helpful
cooked my own chicken rather than using rotisserie0 Helpful
Loved this and kids loved it, even as leftovers.0 Helpful
I made this according to the recipe, and then I made it again to use up some of the coleslaw mix. The second time, I subbed half an onion for the garlic, and an orange bell pepper for the carrot. I also subbed honey for the brown sugar, and added a little baby spinach at the end to give it a little more greenage. I eliminated the lime on the second go around, because the bell pepper added some acid. In the place of the tofu, I used two salmon fillets cut into 1" cubes.0 Helpful