Chicken Soba Noodles
with carrots / coleslaw mix
- Brown sugar - 2 tsp
- Miso paste, any color - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/3 cup
- Carrots - 8 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, meat shredded
- Limes - 1, wedges
- Cilantro leaves - 3 Tbsp
- Noodles, soba - 8 oz (sub spaghetti)
- Cornstarch - 2 tsp
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coleslaw mix - 10 oz
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Make stir-fry sauce - Combine brown sugar, miso, vinegar, toasted sesame oil, and soy sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Carrots / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Rotisserie chicken - (Skip if this was done ahead on Tuesday.) Take meat off the bone and slice with a knife. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Limes / Cilantro - Prep as directed. Store separately.
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Add soba noodles and cook according to packaged instructions. (Soba noodles don’t take long to cook, so keep an eye out.) Drain.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water.
- When noodles are nearly finished cooking, heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then carrots. Saute until carrots are nearly tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add coleslaw mix and garlic and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Pour stir-fry sauce over top and bring to a simmer. Add cornstarch / water mixture while stirring. Simmer until sauce has thickened slightly, ~2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soba noodles and juice from one of the lime wedges. Add rotisserie chicken.
- Serve chicken soba noodles with cilantro on top and lime wedges and hot sauce on the side to use as garnishes. Enjoy!
Quick and easy. We used a lot of lime to add some extra tang.0 Helpful
Used chicken breast instead of rotisserie, made in wok & pulled out of pan , made rest & served the veggie eater the. Added chicken back. A fam fav.0 Helpful
I really wanted this to be better. It was pretty bland. We added all kinds of sauce to our bowls at the table. The noodles were sticky. There must be a trick to soba noodles that I don't know.0 Helpful
Ok for what it was. Kind of bland/boring. My 19 month old ate it. 4 year old did not. I ended up using sriracha and additional aminos to kick it up. I did appreciate how quick this was to throw together though.0 Helpful
Good and easy meal. Used pre-shredded carrots and red and green cabbage. Also added some edamame since we didn’t have enough shredded chicken.0 Helpful
I didn't have tofu so added edamame and used broccoli instead of cole slaw mix. I also added peanut butter to the sauce. Cam eout really well.0 Helpful