Summer Cobb Salad
with creamy herb dressing
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro leaves - 3 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh off the cob or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Bread, sandwich - 2 slices, cubed
- Avocados - 2, cubed
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Pistachios, shelled - 1/3 cup
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Make hardboiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make creamy herb dressing - Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, cooking oil, lemon juice, and cilantro leaves and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Corn (if using fresh) / Romaine - Prep as directed. Tomatoes and corn can be stored together. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Bread - Cube bread. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
- Cube avocados. Peel and chop eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and then bread cubes. Toast bread cubes on all sides until golden brown and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes total.
- Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - tomatoes, corn, avocados, eggs, toasted bread cubes, and pistachios.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!
Yummy and easy0 Helpful
I’m not a fan of cilantro, so I used basil (my favorite herb), and the dressing tasted like pesto and was lovely!0 Helpful
Love the dressing for this.0 Helpful
Such a great salad! Love this dressing, too.0 Helpful
A solid salad. Though it felt hearty, I did feel hungry a little while after dinner.0 Helpful
Great, hearty salad. Probably helped that we used pancetta as our deli meat of choice!0 Helpful