Summer Deli Cobb Saladwith creamy herb dressing
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 4 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro leaves - 3 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Deli meat - 3/4 lb, chopped (like roast turkey or ham)
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 10 oz, halved
- Corn kernels, fresh off the cob or frozen - 1 1/2 cups
- Lettuce, romaine - 8 oz, chopped
- Avocados - 2, cubed
- Creamy herb dressing (ingredients listed separately) - 2/3 cup
- Make hardboiled eggs - Cover eggs with cold water and some salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Let eggs sit in hot water for 11 minutes and then run in cold water for easier peeling. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make creamy herb dressing - Peel garlic. Combine garlic, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and cilantro leaves and blend until smooth using an immersion blender or food processor. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Deli meat / Tomatoes / Corn (if using fresh) / Romaine - Prep as directed. Tomatoes and corn can be stored together. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Corn (if using frozen) - Defrost corn in the microwave.
- Cube avocados. Peel and chop eggs.
- Form a bed of lettuce and layer all other ingredients on top - deli meat, tomatoes, corn, avocados, and eggs.
- Serve salad with dressing on the side so everyone can dress their own. Enjoy!
This meal has 16 reviews
I’m not a fan of cilantro, so I used basil (my favorite herb), and the dressing tasted like pesto and was lovely!
Love the dressing for this.
Such a great salad! Love this dressing, too.
A solid salad. Though it felt hearty, I did feel hungry a little while after dinner.
Great, hearty salad. Probably helped that we used pancetta as our deli meat of choice!
I loved this one because it has corn, but chose to use rotisserie chicken rather than deli meats.