Chicken and Broccoli Saute
- Onions, medium - 1, chopped
- Broccoli - 1 lb, chopped
- Bacon - 8 slices, chopped
- Rotisserie chicken - 1/2, shredded
- Stock, any type - 1 cup
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Arrowroot powder - 2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Onions / Broccoli / Bacon - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Pre-cook broccoli - Place broccoli in a microwave-safe container. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave until tender but still crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Rotisserie chicken - (Chop chicken for Thursday night at the same time.) Take meat off the bone and chop with a knife. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make sauce - Mix together stock, aminos, mustard, red pepper flakes, and arrowroot powder.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then bacon and onions to the heated oil. Saute for ~5 minutes.
- Add chicken (reserve half if doubled for Thursday) and saute until chicken is heated through, ~1 minute.
- Add sauce and broccoli to pan. Wait until sauce begins to bubble and then stir everything together. Continue cooking until sauce thickens and broccoli is heated through, ~2 minutes more.
- Season with some salt and pepper. Add some hot sauce if you’d like it spicy. Enjoy!
adults liked -kids prefer box Mac and cheese0 Helpful
Great easy simple meal. Everyone loved it.0 Helpful
Easy and tasty. No complaints0 Helpful
It was good, but I would reduce the mustard and add more cheese.0 Helpful
Having read the reviews, I made a couple of modifications: swapped nutmeg for smoky paprika (do it!), brown mustard for Dijon (we hate Dijon), added dash of Better than Bullion, and a bit of butter. It was a hit! Easy weeknight meal. Favorite.0 Helpful
Yum! Adult Mac & Cheese is amazing. Now that we have the recipe for cheese sauce from week of 10/28/18, I would love to use it for this recipe.0 Helpful