Fried Egg Breakfast Stackers
with tomato, bacon, avocado
Fried Egg Stackers:
- Bacon - 6 slices
- Tomatoes, beefsteak (or similar large tomato) - 2 , 3/4" or 2 cm slices (2 slices / serving)
- Avocados - 2
- Basil, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
Romaine Salad with Cucumbers:
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , chopped
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make bacon - Place bacon slices on a plate between 2 sheets of paper towels. Microwave for 4 to 6 minutes, until crispy. Start checking at 4 minutes and microwave for longer as needed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice tomatoes.
- Avocados - Prep avocado. Mash in basil and lemon juice. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with some salt and pepper. Spoon on mashed avocado, break bacon in half, then layer 1 slice on each tomato slice. If bacon was made ahead of time, warm it up for 30s in the microwave.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add oil and then crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs to desired done-ness (cook on one side for sunny-side up or flip and cook on both sides). Season with some salt. Top your tomato, avocado, and bacon stackers with fried eggs.
- Toss cucumbers and lettuce with dressing. Enjoy your breakfast stackers with salad!