Fried Egg Breakfast Stackers
with tomato, bacon, avocado
- Bacon - 6 slices
- Tomatoes, beefsteak (or similar large tomato) - 2, 3/4" or 2 cm slices (2 slices / serving)
- Avocados - 2
- Basil, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, chopped
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make bacon - Place bacon slices on a plate between 2 sheets of paper towels. Microwave for 4 to 6 minutes, until crispy. Start checking at 4 minutes and microwave for longer as needed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes - Slice tomatoes.
- Avocados - Prep avocado. Mash in basil and lemon juice. Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with some salt and pepper. Spoon on mashed avocado, break bacon in half, then layer 1 slice on each tomato slice. If bacon was made ahead of time, warm it up for 30s in the microwave.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add oil and then crack eggs into heated oil. Fry eggs to desired done-ness (cook on one side for sunny-side up or flip and cook on both sides). Season with some salt. Top your tomato, avocado, and bacon stackers with fried eggs.
- Toss cucumbers and lettuce with dressing. Enjoy your breakfast stackers with salad!
Easy and tasty for a night where you don't have much time, if not the most exciting meal ever.0 Helpful
The stackers were great. Didn't miss the toast. Felt weird to eat salad with a "breakfast" dish but the flavors were okay together.0 Helpful
Simple but tasty. Definitely satiating, but probably not the most filling or interestingly flavored meal. Still liked it, because we like avocado toast and salad. Some of the ingredients for the salad seem larger than necessary for the serving size (maybe cut all salad ingredient measurements in half).0 Helpful
A super ripe avocado was a must; mine was so so (a bit too hard) and I didn’t realize what a star it would be in the meal. We had these with two eggs a piece and they were delicious.0 Helpful
The avocado toast was so simple and delicious. We used sourdough bread and it was so good. The salad was pretty good but nothing special.0 Helpful
It was okay, but maybe for lunch? Very light and missing something.0 Helpful