Avocado and Tomato Toast
with romaine, cheddar, and chickpea salad
Avocado toast seems to be a trend that's sticking around, and we're not complaining! Creamy avocado is great on toast by itself, but a slice of fresh, seasonal tomato is a great addition in this meal that we first featured last summer.
Avocado and Tomato Toast:
- Tomatoes, medium - 1 , sliced
- Avocados - 2
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Bread, gluten-free sandwich - 4 slices
Romaine Salad with Cheddar and Chickpeas:
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Cheese, cheddar - 3 oz , cubed
- Cucumbers - 8 oz , diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts , chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Mash avocados with lemon juice and season with some salt and pepper.
- Toast bread. Spread mashed avocado on top of toast. Top with tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss cucumbers, lettuce, beans, and cheese with vinaigrette.
- Serve avocado / tomato toast with salad on the side. Enjoy!