Avocado and Tomato Toast
with romaine, cheddar, and chickpea salad
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, sliced
- Avocados - 2
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Bread, sandwich - 4 slices
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Cheese, cheddar - 3 oz, cubed
- Cucumbers - 8 oz, diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, chopped
- Beans, garbanzo (14 oz / 387 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Mash avocados with lemon juice and season with some salt and pepper.
- Toast bread. Spread mashed avocado on top of toast. Top with tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss cucumbers, lettuce, beans, and cheese with vinaigrette.
- Serve avocado / tomato toast with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Easy and tasty for a night where you don't have much time, if not the most exciting meal ever.0 Helpful
The stackers were great. Didn't miss the toast. Felt weird to eat salad with a "breakfast" dish but the flavors were okay together.0 Helpful
Simple but tasty. Definitely satiating, but probably not the most filling or interestingly flavored meal. Still liked it, because we like avocado toast and salad. Some of the ingredients for the salad seem larger than necessary for the serving size (maybe cut all salad ingredient measurements in half).0 Helpful
A super ripe avocado was a must; mine was so so (a bit too hard) and I didn’t realize what a star it would be in the meal. We had these with two eggs a piece and they were delicious.0 Helpful
The avocado toast was so simple and delicious. We used sourdough bread and it was so good. The salad was pretty good but nothing special.0 Helpful