Ginger and Pineapple Chicken Stir-fry
with pineapple smoothie
- Bell peppers, any color - 1 , diced
- Kale - 3 leaves , leaves and stems chopped and separated
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Green onions - 2 stalks , chopped, green and white parts separate
- Ginger - 1 tsp , grated
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- Curry paste, red - 1 tsp (sub any color curry paste)
- Fish sauce (opt) - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 1 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1/2 tsp
- Limes - 1 , wedges
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb , chopped
- Pineapple chunks, frozen or canned - 1/2 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Cashews, roasted and unsalted - 1/2 cup
- Sesame seeds (opt) - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce of choice (opt) - 2 tsp
- Pineapple chunks, frozen or canned - 3 cups
- Banana - 1
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Sweetener of choice (opt) - to taste
Limes - Slice limes into wedges. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Chicken - Chop chicken and tenderize with a fork. Season with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Pineapple (for stir-fry) - Defrost and chop if using frozen. Drain and rinse if using canned.
Make smoothie - Combine pineapple (for the smoothie; drain if using canned), banana, coconut milk, and lime juice in a blender. If using fresh or canned pineapple add 1 cup ice (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing). Blend until smooth. Taste and add sweetener if you’d like.
Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then chicken. Saute until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Set chicken aside and return wok to heat.
Add second part of cooking oil and then bell peppers and kale stems to heated oil. Saute until bell peppers are tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add white parts of green onions (reserve green parts) and saute until fragrant, ~1 minute more.
Add kale leaves, pineapple (portion for stir-fry), and sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
Remove from heat and fold in chicken and cashews.
Divide stir-fry between bowls and top with sesame seeds (if using), green parts of green onions, and lime wedges. Finish with hot sauce at the table if you'd like. Enjoy with smoothie on the side!