Red Curry Shrimp
with coconut cauliflower rice / Thai mango herb salad
Smarts: Like most Southeast Asian-inspired vinaigrettes, the one served with the salad in this meal is very light. Toss the salad just before serving to coat all of the elements and don't worry if some vinaigrette pools in the bottom of the bowl.
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Curry paste, red - 1 Tbsp (sub any color curry paste)
- Fish sauce - 2 tsp (sub Bragg's / coconut aminos)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Cauliflower florets - 12 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Coconut, shredded unsweetened (opt) - 1/4 cup
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 1 tsp
- Fish sauce (opt) - 1 tsp
- Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts combined
- Lettuce, butterhead - 5 oz, leaves torn
- Mangos - 1, peeled and cubed
- Basil - 8 leaves, chiffonade
- Mung bean sprouts (opt) - 2 oz (sub chopped raw snow peas)
- Shrimp - Defrost shrimp. Pat dry and season with some salt and pepper.
- Cauliflower rice - Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make glaze - Whisk together curry paste and fish sauce (portion for shrimp). (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together aminos, toasted sesame oil, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce (portion for salad), and red pepper flakes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green onions - Chop green onions, combining green and white parts. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Mangos / Basil - Prep as directed.
- Combine green onions, lettuce, mangos, basil, and mung bean sprouts in a bowl.
- Heat a wok with cooking oil (portion for cauliflower rice) over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and coconut and saute until cauliflower is tender, ~5 minutes. Set cauliflower rice aside and return wok to heat.
- Increase heat under wok to medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (portion for shrimp) and then shrimp. Saute shrimp until opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Add glaze and toss to coat shrimp in glaze.
- Add vinaigrette to salad and toss until dressed to your liking.
- Serve shrimp over cauliflower rice with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Not a super filling meal, but the shrimp was excellent!0 Helpful
Lots of good flavors. Rice was a little bland.0 Helpful
The shrimp flavour was new and delicious!0 Helpful
This was delicious, but not very filling. I would make it again though for sure!0 Helpful
This was good but it made me wish I had a grill! The salad was refreshing and really a delight.0 Helpful
Grilled the shrimp, liked the salad , also made corn on cob with it.0 Helpful