Tortellini with Zucchini
and fresh tomato sauce
Fresh chopped tomatoes and basil stand in for cooked sauce in this warm pasta dish that is light and super seasonal.
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Pasta, uncooked tortellini - 12 oz
- Zucchini - 12 oz, diced
- Tomatoes, roma - 12 oz, chopped
- Basil - 8 leaves, chiffonade
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Cheese, Parmesan - 2 oz, grated
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then zucchini. Saute zucchini until very tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and Italian seasoning and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add pasta to pan and continue cooking until pasta is warmed through.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in fresh tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Season pasta with some salt and pepper.
- Grate cheese over pasta. Enjoy!
A great marinade!0 Helpful
Grilled the Pork after I left it marinade for 30 minutes...Delicious!0 Helpful
Searched for something to use up some leftover tortellini and so glad I did! We really liked this one and look forward to trying it again once it’s nice out and we can use the bbq. I used extra tomatoes, added spinach and feta to the salad because I needed to use it up and doubled the recipe to make sure everything was coated. Turned out great.0 Helpful
The tortellini salad is why I'm giving this 5 stars, haha.0 Helpful
Pork marinade and cooking instructions make the meat delicious! Zucchini def would have been better had I had a grill. Did the tortellini salad as advised, but think next time I'd nix the balsamic and trade for pesto. Seems more summer-y and less harsh to me.0 Helpful
The pork was really great! Had with some roasted broccoli as we are not big fans of zucchini. I also added goat cheese to the tortellini.0 Helpful