Hummus, Lettuce, and Tomato Wrap
and watermelon salad with mint
These easy wraps get layers of flavor from the light vinaigrette used to dress the lettuce and a smear of hummus.
Smarts: If you have any feta leftover from earlier in the week, crumble it into the watermelon salad. Watermelon, mint, and feta are an unexpectedly delicious combination.
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2, thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, chopped
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts, chopped
- Wraps, any large type - 4 (like flatbreads or tortillas)
- Hummus - 4 oz
- Mint - 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Watermelon - 16 oz, cubed
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Make vinaigrette - Combine vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add oil (portion for wraps) while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers - Slice bell peppers. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Lettuce - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Mint / Watermelon - Prep as directed and combine. Refrigerate watermelon until ready to serve, (it’s best served chilled).
- To make watermelon salad, toss together mint, watermelon, oil (portion for salad), and lime juice.
- Combine bell peppers, tomatoes, and lettuce in a mixing bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to combine. Season with some salt and pepper.
- If you’d like the wraps warm, heat according to package directions.
- Spread the inside of each wrap with hummus. Divide dressed vegetables and lettuce between wraps and fold / roll to enclose filling.
- Serve wraps with watermelon salad on the side. Enjoy!
So quick & easy & tasty! I made a bit extra dressing to make it super saucy.0 Helpful
Added avocado to the blt (did not use lettuce), and had pineapple and cottage cheese on the side. We also just had everyone assemble their own.0 Helpful
The salad was a surprising delight, as was the marinated veggies.0 Helpful
enjoyed this fresh... did not make good leftovers.0 Helpful
This was fine, but I’d be just as happy with a normal BLT.0 Helpful
Yum. The tortilla wasn’t necessary, we started with them but soon abandoned them to eat the salad like a fork. I’d add more tomatoes next time. The watermelon was great with left over feta, my toddler LOVED it!0 Helpful