Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomatoes
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1 cup, halved
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 12 oz, chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Mint - 1 Tbsp, chiffonade
- Make garlic oil - Chop garlic. Combine garlic, olive oil, and dried oregano. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cucumbers - Whisk together vinegar and mustard. Add cucumbers. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Salmon - Divide into the number of portions you are planning to serve. Rinse and pat dry. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Mint - Chiffonade mint.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then salmon to heated oil. Sear for 2 minutes.
- Flip salmon over and sear for an additional 2 minutes. In the pan, add tomatoes around the salmon. Drizzle garlic oil over salmon and tomatoes. Cover pan with a lid or foil.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Continue cooking salmon, covered, until it flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 7 minutes (depending on thickness).
- While salmon cooks, toss cucumbers with mint. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve salmon with tomatoes spooned over top. Enjoy with cucumbers on the side.
This was average. I was so expecting this to be super tasty, but salmon and tomatoes didn't absorb much of the garlic oil flavor -- maybe marinate them in it next time?0 Helpful
Awesome! Easy! A big hit!0 Helpful
I’ve never worked with puff pastry, so this was a learning experience for me. I did place the tomato slices on paper towels to help dry them out somewhat.0 Helpful
Delicious but not very filling. Needs to be lower in fat and calories because we ate more than one serving.0 Helpful
I wouldn't call this a total Cooksmarts fail, but probably as close as I've come. The flavors were great, but even after being careful to drain all the juice off the tomatoes and baking quite a bit longer than the recipe called for, this ended up really soggy in the middle. The cucumber side was just ok, but neither the side nor the tart was very filling, so this ended up being pretty unsatisfying overall.0 Helpful
Couldn't handle how delicious this was.0 Helpful