Tomato and Feta Tartwith cucumbers
Store-bought puff pastry makes a quick and easy foundation for these summery, savory tarts.
Smarts: Any tomatoes will work for these tarts. Use heirloom, cherry, Roma, or a combination of tomatoes (bonus for using a variety of colors)!
- Puff pastry - 10 oz, thawed according to package directions
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes, any type - 1 lb, thinly sliced
- Parchment paper - for baking
- Flour - 3 Tbsp
- Cheese, feta - 2 oz
- Cucumbers - 12 oz, chopped
- Vinegar, apple cider - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Mint - 1 Tbsp, chiffonade
- Puff pastry - Thaw according to package instructions. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Make garlic oil - (If prepping right before cooking, get oven heating before continuing with prep.) Chop garlic. Combine garlic, olive oil, and dried oregano. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Cucumbers - Whisk together vinegar and mustard. Add cucumbers. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes and up to a day. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Mint - Chiffonade mint.
- Heat oven to 400F / 204C.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Dust a countertop with flour. Unfold pastry onto floured surface and roll out into a 12” / 30 cm square (for 4 servings; adjust if customizing). (Note: Using a rolling pin or your palms, gently stretch the pastry into a square.)
- Transfer pastry to parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Brush garlic oil over top of pastry. Add tomato slices (it is okay if they overlap slightly). Crumble feta cheese on top.
- Bake tart until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While tart bakes, toss cucumbers with mint. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Cut tart into slices. Serve with cucumbers on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 33 reviews
It seems that using puff pastry means more calories and fat with less substance, if that makes sense. I would have felt more satisfied using pizza dough. But it was delicious!
So good! Very summer-y and so quick. I added a little more garlic and salted to tomatoes and it had so much flavor.
Quick and easy!
We liked it a lot.
Tasty - but portions were a little small. We added a bunch of fruit to supplement and had zero leftovers.
Quick and easy. Had trouble getting my puff pastry to puff.