Cajun Shrimp Saladwith carrots / walnuts
This fresh, easy salad with shrimp is a paleo-friendly tribute to Shrimp Po' Boy sandwiches. Cajun seasoning adds bold flavors while walnuts and carrots give it great crunch. This meal got great reviews for simplicity and flavor when it was featured in 2017, so we wanted to bring it back again in the heat of the summer.
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 8 oz, diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 3 hearts, shredded (sub green leaf lettuce)
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, diced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Walnut halves - 1/3 cup
- Cajun seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce of choice (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry. Combine with Cajun seasoning (the portion for the shrimp) and some salt and pepper.
- Carrots - Chop carrots into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make Cajun dressing - Whisk together Cajun seasoning (the portion for the dressing), mustard, honey, hot sauce (if using), vinegar, and olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then shrimp. Saute until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes (depending on their size).
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top with carrots, tomatoes, shrimp, and walnuts. Toss with dressing just before serving. Enjoy!
This meal has 22 reviews
I forgot to get the lettuce which would have made these way better, but even without, they were pretty good. Great option for a summer dinner.
Solid, easy meal.
Made this as an easy summer meal for company. This sauce was amazing - can't wait to make again!
Yum! Very tasty. I don’t usually eat chips as a side but I did it because I was “told” to. Thanks for the excuse!
Subbed chicken for shrimp. Easy to put together, but nothing too exciting about the paleo version.
One of my favorite meals thus far! Very easy and tasty. I added avocado slices to the sandwiches.