Cajun Shrimp Salad
with carrots / walnuts
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Carrots - 8 oz, diced
- Lettuce, romaine - 3 hearts, shredded (sub green leaf lettuce)
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, diced
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Walnut halves - 1/3 cup
- Cajun seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Hot sauce of choice (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, olive - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry. Combine with Cajun seasoning (the portion for the shrimp) and some salt and pepper.
- Carrots - Chop carrots into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Make Cajun dressing - Whisk together Cajun seasoning (the portion for the dressing), mustard, honey, hot sauce (if using), vinegar, and olive oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then shrimp. Saute until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes (depending on their size).
- Assemble salads by forming a bed of lettuce. Top with carrots, tomatoes, shrimp, and walnuts. Toss with dressing just before serving. Enjoy!
I forgot to get the lettuce which would have made these way better, but even without, they were pretty good. Great option for a summer dinner.0 Helpful
Solid, easy meal.0 Helpful
Made this as an easy summer meal for company. This sauce was amazing - can't wait to make again!0 Helpful
Yum! Very tasty. I don’t usually eat chips as a side but I did it because I was “told” to. Thanks for the excuse!0 Helpful
Subbed chicken for shrimp. Easy to put together, but nothing too exciting about the paleo version.0 Helpful
One of my favorite meals thus far! Very easy and tasty. I added avocado slices to the sandwiches.0 Helpful