Cajun Shrimp Po’ Boy
with chips / pickles
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp
- Lettuce, romaine - 1 heart, leaves torn (sub green leaf lettuce)
- Tomatoes, medium - 1, thinly sliced
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Sandwich buns - 4 (sub hotdog buns)
- Pickles, sliced or whole, for serving (opt) - 6 oz
- Chips, for serving - 4 cups
- Mayonnaise - 6 Tbsp
- Cajun seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1/2 tsp
- Pickle juice (opt) - 1/2 tsp (from a jar of pickles)
- Hot sauce of choice (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and dry. Combine with Cajun seasoning (the portion for the shrimp) and some salt and pepper.
- Make creamy Cajun sauce - Combine mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning (the portion for the sauce), garlic powder, mustard, pickle juice, and hot sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes / Lemons - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and then shrimp. Saute until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes (depending on their size).
- Toast sandwich buns.
- Assemble sandwiches by brushing the insides of the rolls with half of the Creamy Cajun Sauce. Add lettuce, tomatoes, and then shrimp. Drizzle remaining sauce over top.
- Serve sandwiches with lemon wedges to squeeze over top of the shrimp. Enjoy with pickles and chips on the side.
I forgot to get the lettuce which would have made these way better, but even without, they were pretty good. Great option for a summer dinner.0 Helpful
Solid, easy meal.0 Helpful
Made this as an easy summer meal for company. This sauce was amazing - can't wait to make again!0 Helpful
Yum! Very tasty. I don’t usually eat chips as a side but I did it because I was “told” to. Thanks for the excuse!0 Helpful
Subbed chicken for shrimp. Easy to put together, but nothing too exciting about the paleo version.0 Helpful
One of my favorite meals thus far! Very easy and tasty. I added avocado slices to the sandwiches.0 Helpful