Zucchini Noodles with Anchovies and Fried Eggs
with heirloom tomato salad
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Zucchini - 1 lb, sliced into noodles with a peeler, spiralized, or cubed
- Anchovies (4 oz / 113 g) - 1 can, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- Almond meal - 1/4 cup
- Eggs - 4
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Onions, medium and red - 1/4, very thinly sliced
- Tomatoes, heirloom - 1 lb, sliced into wedges
- Parsley - 2 tsp, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 2 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Onions / Garlic - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tomatoes / Parsley (for zucchini noodles and salad) - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Zucchini - Turn zucchini into 'noodles' with a spiralizer or peel off strips with a peeler. (Note: If you prefer, you can also just slice the zucchini into cubes.)
- Make tomato salad - Toss tomatoes, onions, and parsley (portion for salad) with vinegar and oil (portion for salad).
- Anchovies - Drain and rinse. Roughly chop.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add first portion of olive oil (for zucchini noodles) and then garlic and almond meal to heated oil. Saute garlic and almond meal, stirring constantly, until garlic is fragrant and almond meal is toasted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer garlic almond meal to a large mixing bowl. Wipe out nonstick pan and return it to the stovetop.
- Add second portion of olive oil (for zucchini noodles) and then zucchini. Saute until zucchini is tender, 2 minutes for zucchini noodles or 4 to 5 minutes for cubes. In the last minute of cooking, add anchovies and saute just until heated through.
- Transfer zucchini and anchovies to the bowl with almond meal. Wipe out nonstick pan and return it to medium heat.
- Add third portion of olive oil (for zucchini noodles) and then crack eggs into oil. Gently fry eggs until cooked to your liking - on one side for sunny-side up or flip for over-easy.
- Toss zucchini noodles, anchovies, and almond meal with parsley (portion for zucchini noodles) and red pepper flakes. Divide between serving plates. Top each portion with an egg.
- Season tomato salad with some salt and pepper.
- Serve zucchini noodles with tomato salad on the side. Enjoy!
Delicious!! What an easy, yet sophisticated dinner that is also kid friendly. We kept it a little healthier with organic whole wheat spaghetti. And the salad was the perfect thing for the garden tomatoes. I did end up making an extra egg for almost everyone.0 Helpful
This was good... just thought it needed more flavor.0 Helpful
Quick and easy is the perfect tag to describe this meal. I would add 'delicious' to it too ;)0 Helpful
Great, easy dinner. Pasta was a little dry - I might add a little olive oil next time when I toss the pasta and breadcrumbs. Tomato salad was a perfect accompaniment.0 Helpful
This was absolutely not for me. Personal preference of course. And I do appreciate that I learned how to make zucchini noodles.0 Helpful
Delicious -- overdid the egg a bit. Wish we could have found heirloom tomatoes for the salad.0 Helpful