Summer Vegetable Soup
with mushrooms / zucchini / bell peppers
- Onions, medium - 1, chopped
- Carrots - 6 oz, diced
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2, diced
- Zucchini - 8 oz, diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz, chopped
- Avocados - 1, cubed
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 tsp
- Tomato paste - 3 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 5 cups
- Tomatoes, diced (14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can
- Bay leaves - 1
- Basil - 8 leaves, chiffonade
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Pepitas / pumpkin seeds - 1/3 cup
- Heat a Dutch oven with oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and bell peppers and saute until tender and lightly caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, and tomato paste. Saute for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in stock and tomatoes (including liquid).
- Add zucchini and bay leaves. Bring soup to a simmer and simmer until zucchini is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- While soup simmers, chiffonade basil.
- Remove soup from heat. Stir in lemon juice and season with some salt and pepper
- Divide soup between serving bowls. Top bowls with fresh basil, avocados, and pepitas. Enjoy!
This soup was amazing! My 5 year old had 3 bowls! I did the sauté steps 1 and 2 in the Instant Pot, then added the remaining ingredients including the pasta (upped to 3 Oz because my boys like macaroni) and put under high pressure for 4 minutes. It was perfect! Super quick and easy. We will make this again this summer when we have lots of zucchini to use!0 Helpful
Good way to clean out the fridge and use lots of CSA veggies -- I used the wide variety I had rather than those in the recipe. The flavoring felt heavy on the Italian seasoning -- maybe with some different seasoning I could love it.0 Helpful
simple. delicious. great leftovers.0 Helpful
This was an easy, unexpected delight. Loved it.0 Helpful
Super flavorful!0 Helpful
Put everything into the slow cooker, except the pasta. Added the uncooked pasta 30 minutes before we wanted to eat. So easy!!0 Helpful