Pan Seared Salmon with Vinaigrette
with green bean and mushroom saute
- Lemons - 1, wedges
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 Tbsp
- Lemon zest - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 3 Tbsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Mushrooms, brown - 12 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced to save time)
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Capers - 2 Tbsp, drained and rinsed
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and lemon zest. Add olive oil while whisking. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Green beans - Trim and chop into 1” / 2.5 cm pieces. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Mushrooms / Lemons - Prep as directed. Store separately. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil (portion for the saute) and then mushrooms and green beans to heated oil. Saute until mushrooms are golden brown and green beans are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and rinse capers and then add to vegetables. Cook for 1 minute more. Season with some salt and pepper and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add cooking oil (portion for the salmon) and then salmon to heated oil. Sear on each side until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- Serve salmon with vegetable saute and lemon wedges on the side. Drizzle both salmon and veggies with balsamic vinaigrette just before serving. Enjoy!
Excellent. Family favorite.0 Helpful
These were different and good! Liked the Basil and mushrooms0 Helpful
Delicious, easy and healthy. I added scallions and cilantro for a little more flavor.0 Helpful
This was DELICIOUS. My husband is not into veg stuff too much, and he loved this lentil-walnut burger, the texture and color were surprisingly a lot like beef. The 4 servings made 5 generous patties (almost needed larger buns). Dried basil worked just fine with it. I added an extra egg, and only having 10 oz of mushrooms I added an extra ounce of the walnuts. We topped it with sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and the mayo without lemon. I used dry lentils, which I cooked in the instant pot (1 cup to 1 3/4cup chicken broth for 15 min) and that was a perfect texture for this.0 Helpful
Very impressed with this recipe. Everyone enjoyed it. Patty had great flavor.0 Helpful
LOVED this. Brings flavors from the PNW we've greatly missed!0 Helpful